Cadets

.....................

The pale haired boy and his green haired friend did not take place in the 104th cadet corps graduation ranking, even though their skills might even rival the top three. The instructor felt like it might impact the morale of the other trainees so he kept them out of it. 

Killua and Gon had no problem with it. They didn't mind not having the ranking they deserved since they were planning on joining the scouts anyways.

The only thing the rankings were goon at was getting you a spot in the Military police, which they were not interested in.

"Wow, Eren, talk about an aspiring speech." Gon said, walking toward Eren, Mikasa and Armin, followed closely by his pale haired friend. The brunette bashfully looked away with his hand threading through his short hair.

"I'm glad I said what I said. It felt like I had to get that off my chest." He said then turned to glance at the pair he grew very fond of," By the way, why do you guys want to join the scouts?"

"Living inside the walls like sheep being protected from a pack of wolves just doesn't sound like the ideal life." Killua muttered.

"Plus, just think about it, taking down a creature thousand times bigger than you, sounds awesome doesn't it?!" Gon added.

"Did the titans kill anyone you know, when the Shiganshina fell five years ago?" Armin timidly  asked hesitation lacing his voice.

The pale haired boy tucked his hands behind his head," Nah, it had always been the three of us, even before the titans." he answered.

Gon turned to his friend with a smile," Do you think the others are okay? Leorio, Kurapika and the others?" he asked, only for his friend to hear.

"Sure, I'm pretty sure they are doing fine." he reassured.

"Did the titans kill anyone from your family, Armin?" the pale haired boy asked.

The blonde averted his gaze, a sad smile gracing his soft features," My grand father died in the failed mission to retake Wall Maria." he confessed. 

"Then you better try to retake Wall Maria with all your might." Killua said, his eyes closed.

Gon nodded in encouragement," Don't die before achieving what your grand father couldn't. Even if you don't want to at least do it for his sake." he said.

Their words made the trio from Shiganshina pause, all they have ever heard was that they were crazy for trying to join the scouts, the regiment with the highest causalities. No one has ever encouraged them to persuade their goal before.

The pale haired boy sighed walking into the boys dorms and heading over his and Gon's bunk bed. He jumped on his bed and looked down to his friend.

"Do you think they would let me go and see Alluka before we choose our regiments?" he asked" she keeps saying that her research is coming along pretty well. I would like to see it."

Before Gon could answer his friend, Jean scoffed," Just be glad that they are letting you exchange letters, that's a privilege on it's own. Don't expect the same treatment once you join the scouts." he smirked," I might be generous enough to rely a massage since I'm going to join the MP." he said.

Killua only scoffed, laying down on his bed," Like I would be desperate enough to ask you for anything. No offense but I hate people who are okay with being prisoners of their own homes." he said.

"Did you say something, punk?"

The pale haired boy only opened one eye to give Jean a side glance," How can you even relay a full massage when you can't even hear what I had to say just now? Know your own limits before offering to do a service."