Try Not To Throw up.

...........

"Are you sure this is safe?" Hange asked, pulling on the rope of the pulley they were on. Alluka nodded her head as they descended to the ground.

"Big Brother would never let me use anything dangerous. He checks if the pulley is working daily, just in case."

Hange smiled," What a dotting Brother!" she said.

Alluka giggled," Yeah, he is."

Today was the first day Hange walked out of the tree house. Her ankle was finally healed and she was ready to explore.

The pair quietly made their way to Alluka's small garden. It was the first thing Hange wanted to see. Agriculture was one of the most basic things for humanity's survival after all.

"Where are the boys, Alluka?" The older woman asked.

"They have been busy with digging graves for your comrades," she said giving Hange a side glance," I heard that you took quite the hit on your last battle with the titans."

"They are digging graves?" Hange asked, her eyes wide. 

She didn't expect them to do something like that. They didn't have cemeteries or graves inside the walls because they were short on space and couldn't afford to waste it on the dead. Soldiers couldn't afford graves inside the walls, their corpses were burned as a ceremony to send them off.

It was an act of kindness she didn't expect.

"Well, we can't really leave the bodies out in the open, either." Alluka said, walking a few steps ahead of the woman," Even if we don't have Gon's sentimentality, it would have been the wisest decision. We can't afford an epidemic spreading out in the forest."

The woman hummed a response. She has certainly cooled down since she came. She was still excited to hear about their life style, but she was more calm and collected now.

"See right there," Alluka pointed to the bushes a bit far from them," I planted some of the anti-giant plants to keep the titans from coming here and  destroying my garden." she said.

Hange nodded in approval," It works both as a protection from the Titans and you would have the herb near by, so you won't need to pick it up from other side of the forest."

The raven haired girl nodded," That's right. It was actually Gon's idea. He has a green thumb and is very good with plants. In fact he thought me everything I know." 

"Did you grow these without any actual resources?" The section commander asked.

Alluka shook her head," There were small gardens in the old town, and after the titans the vegetables started to grow uncontrollably, well some of them at least, some of them withered. Me and Gon moved as many as we can here in order to save them, some of the vegetables are wild and we found them here in the forest." she explained.

She made her way over to the rows of the plants she planted and crouched down," Potatoes and Tomatoes grow fairly quickly around here and they adapt easily too." she said, touching the leaves of the said plants." The others are a bit hard to manage, except for the wild ones."

"Makes sense, it's hard to get enough sunlight to most of them." She said.

"Alluka!!" 

Both females stopped, looking around the area in alarm. Hange stepped in front of the girl protectively.

"Was that Big Brother?" she asked.

As if on cue Killua emerged out of the forest followed closely by Gon, they were both laughing childishly as they flew in between the trees.