Scouts

............

The pale haired boy invited himself to sit on Commander Erwin's horse, back to back with the commander, cross legged and facing the short ravenette that rode behind them.

"So Killua. Were you waiting for us?" The commander asked.

"Kind of. Hange only said that you will most likely come, but you took longer that I expected. A month was kinda too long." he said.

The blonde laughed," Sorry to keep you waiting, convincing the higher ups took longer than necessary."

"I can't say I was looking forward to your arrival." he confessed.

Captain Levi raised a brow at that," And why is that?"

Killua shrugged spreading his hands wide and gesturing for the forest that surrounded them," Who would want to live in side a prison when they can be free?" he asked in a flat tone.

"You are certainly right. No one would want to live in a prison if they can help it." Commander Erwin said.

Killua leaned against his hand," Damn right." he muttered," You guys can't relate since you never tasted what freedom is like."

He remembered the life he used to live back with his family, the lack of freedom and the feeling of being continuously watched. He didn't escape from a prison to be sent to another. He also didn't  break his sister out of that prison just to put her in a more spacious one.

"So how did you brats do it?" Levi asked.

Killua shrugged," We hunt for some of our food and grow some of it. We bring drinking water from the well inside the town south east from here. If we need to move something big or do something risky then we do it at night." he sighed," As long as the titans can't smell us or see us then we might as well be as insignificant as any other animal in the forest."

" Impressive." The commander praised.

" It's really not that hard." Killua said jumping off of the horse he was perched on," We are here." he said.

Levi and Erwin looked around the area for a moment before jumping off of their horses. They both looked up ,lookin for the house they heard so much about.

"You won't be able to see it, it's pretty high." Killua said and pointed behind him," You might wanna see the garden first." he said, walking ahead of the pair.

" Welcome back, Big Brother!" Alluka said, standing up to greet her brother. The pale haired boy smiled fondly, patting her on her head.

She turned to the older strangers ," You must be Hange's comrades, I'm Alluka. Nice to meet you." she said with a smile.

"Levi! Commander Erwin! Check this out!" Hange yelled running over to the pair with a tomato in her hand.

"I see that you are as energetic as ever." Commander Erwin said with a smile.

"More like driving us crazy." Killua muttered earing a scolding glare from his sister and a hum from Levi.

"Yeah, living with these kids has been such a delight!" She said, throwing her arm around the younger girl," You don't know how much I learned from Alluka over here."

"Oh Please, if anything then it was me who learned a whole bunch, Hange." The ravenette said.

"That's good to hear." The commander said," As much as I would like to see everything here,  we don't have enough time. I believe you've seen everything around here." he said.

"Oh don't you worry sir. I didn't even miss an inch!" Hange said.

"You didn't even head into the forest." Killua said dryly.