↬ 18

[𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦]

-

time skip because i have no idea where the story is going :D

-

"KARL!" the girl yelled for her boyfriend "CMON LETS GO"

she noticed he was texting someone. now that she thinks about it, hes been going out a lot and is always on his phone. it started like a month after they started dating. at first, she thought it was just mrbeast things so she grew to ignore it but as time went on it became worse. he goes out every day, not telling her where hes going, and hes always texting someone and would dismiss it every time river asked who it was.

"be patient bub! the cats arent gonna go anywhere!" he told her as he closed his phone and headed to her

the two are going to the cat shelter to adopt a cat. theyve been wanting to get one but were waiting for the right time. and that time was now.

river was excited to say the least, because of karl being so distant, shes gotten closer to wilbur, and has cried to him on multiple occasions. wilbur being the best friend he is suggested that getting a cat would bring the couple closer together again. shes hoping what he said is true, because she truly loves karl and wants them to last.

-

"karl look at all the cuties! cant we just get them all??" river wasnt lying when she said the cats were cute. they are the type of cats that you just want to snuggle all day and never let go of.

"you know we only have room for one, love. but i wish we were able to get more than one." the girl sighed.

"i know i know. cmon lets go look at some kittens." she grabbed his hands and dragged him to look at them.

as river looked around, she realized he wasnt paying attention, and was once again, on his phone texting someone. she sighed and tried to get his attention but nothing was working. she rolled her eyes and went back to looking.

after a while, she saw the cutest cat and knew it was the one. it was mainly white except its face was a light gray, and had dark gray spots on its arms. one glance was all it took for river to fall in love with it.

she went up to a worker and asked to play with the cat. the worker grabbed the cat and took her to the play area. the cat was scared at first but slowly started to walk towards river. sooner or later, the cat ended up curling up on her lap.

"karl! look! look!" she semi-yelled, hoping to finally get his attention

"huh?"

he turned around and saw his girlfriend playing with the cat. he smiled at the sight.

"is this the one?" he asked her, hoping she said yes. thankfully, she moved her head up and down happily.

"ok cmon lets go tell a worker so we can start the paperwork." he reached out for her hand and she gladly took it.

-

as karl was doing the paperwork, he left his phone with river, a huge mistake on his behalf.  the person hes been messaging has decided to text him at this exact time.

now, river didnt want to be nosey and go through his messages without his permission. but because he has been so secretive lately... thats exactly what she did.

she turned on his phone after hearing more message notifications, thankfully for her, karl changed his phone password when they started dating. he being the cheesy person he is, changed it to the day they became official.

river put in the password and her face immediately dropped.

-

new message!

are you done yet??

new message!

i cant wait to see you later <33

-

she couldnt believe her eyes, was this really happening?? again... she looked up to make sure karl wasnt looking at her. she scrolled all the way up to their first messages, as she expected, the messages started four months ago, a month after they started dating, he already messed up.

river screenshotted all the messages between him and the girl. she airdropped the pictures to her phone and deleted them completely off of karls phone. she stood there in complete shock, she knew sooner or later she was gonna start crying. to stop herself she went over to where karl was doing the paperwork. she stood next to his side and leaned her head on his shoulder. trying to get the last of his affection, before who knows what happens.

"you tired bub?" river lifted her head and nodded before carefully setting it back down.

"okok the paperwork is almost, why dont you go pick out some basic cat stuff so we can get finished sooner and we can go home and sleep." she nodded once again and went to go pick out some stuff.

she tried to not think about what she saw on his phone, she really tried, but the tears started to fall. by the time she had picked everything out, tears were streaming down her face. thank god for waterproof makeup, or else shed look like a mess. she saw that karl was heading over to her, so she quickly and softly patted the tears away.

"hey hey hey, are you okay? why are you crying?" he sounded concerned for her, but as far as she knows, he could be lying, he seems to be good at that.

"huh? what? oh ya im ok, i just have a horrible headache." she put on a fake smile. "heres your phone back! you got a few messages by the way!" she saw the panic in his eyes and silently scoffed

"oh... ok. lets go pay for this little cutie and her things, and we can go and rest ok!"

the two paid and took their new cat home. river had no idea what shes gonna do though. does she confront him? does she hint and see if he confesses? what she does know is that shes not gonna stay for much longer and let him continue to cheat on her.

-

hi! i actually have a good plot for the rest of the story so yayyayyyay! anyways i have another book coming out soon so pay attention for when i publish that! but, have a good day or night! i love you <3

go eat, drink some water, if you need to please take your meds! get some rest, fanfictions will always be here when you wake! take care of yourself because i care for you and will be very sad if you arent taking care of yourself. at least try for me! ily and stay safe<3