🏀08🏀

⚠️Mentions of neglection⚠️
⚠️Mentions of an anxiety attack⚠️

Day 25

"Yoongi?" I look up from my phone. Jungkook's mother stands over me. Her face showed how nervous she was, her fingers poking and moving against each other slowly.

"Yes?" I don't know what had her so anxious. Earlier in the day when I walked out to get a ride from Jungkook to school, Mr. Jeon also looked stressed out. His lean body was hunched over multiple papers spread out in front of him.

His glasses were on the wooden table, his hands rubbing his eyes sockets soothingly. I walked over to him and asked him about it. Instead of answering me he gives me a tired smile and looks back down.

What had them so worried?

"This time I don't want you helping me with dinner ok? I want you to set the table with Jungkook. Your father and I have something very important to tell you."

I nod. Then I froze. My phone drops onto the table with a loud clink, and my eyes are focused on the brightly lit device.

Father?

My hands shook, but I balled them up into fists. "Baby?" I look up and see Mrs. Jeon giving me a concerned look, a look that was also filled with slight fear.

I give her a smile, masking my shock. "Ok. I'll make sure to set the table. Thank you for informing me." She smiles and walks away. Once she's out of sight I hold my head in my hands.

Her slip up had me thinking. What if I was their son? What if I was in Jungkook's place? No, what if I was Jungkook's brother. Would they...would they treat me better? Would they not hurt me? Would they be there for me, always?

As those thoughts continued to sprout in my mind tears started to form. They dropped onto the table, only inches away from my phone. I looked at the black screen, seeing my blurry reflection.

Black hair. Cat like eyes. Button nose. Small lips. Dark brown eyes, soulless eyes.

Would they really accept that? Would they really not care? Would they cradle me to sleep when I have nightmares? Would they make the monsters go away from under my bed? Would they kiss the scars littered on my skin like they're treasures?

Would they,

Would they love me?

I was sobbing now. The thoughts wouldn't go away. No matter how much I wanted them to they never did. My voice grew louder and louder, and I couldn't calm myself down. Droplets of tears ran down my arms, staining my hands which covered my eyes.

My shoulders shook, and I hunched over the table to muffle my crying. It didn't work, as I heard hurried footsteps from the kitchen, and loud thumps from the stairs.

"Yoongi?"
"Sweetie?"

Both voices that belonged to bodies rushed to me. I just shook my head, wanting to cry in peace. Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me- I don't want to be left alone. I don't want to be left alone. I DONT WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE!

I cried harder and harder, feeling hands rubbing my back and fingers running through my hair gently.

Please don't leave. Please don't leave. Please don't leave. "Baby, we would never leave you. We never would." I realized I said that out loud, but I was too emotional to be embarrassed about it.

Eventually Mrs. Jeon forced my hands away from my wet face, and once she caught sight of it her expression turned sad.

"Yoongi...." She leaned forward and I rushed into her arms, holding her tight as I cried even more. I don't care if I was considered an adult now, 17 years old. I don't care. I don't care that I'm crying in her arms like a baby. I don't care that I like the feeling of her arms patting my back. I don't care that I let the thoughts of them adopting me get to my head.