Countless nights he had planned out his scheme.  Countless nights he had denied himself into falling in love. Countless nights trying to look for his true feelings. Countless nights he stayed up all night remembering everything. Countless nights he had felt guilt for what he had done.

Countless days she had tried to alternate his schemes. Countless days she looked up for the definition of love. Countless days she questioned her true feelings. Countless days she had cried over their memories. Countless days she had regretted over the choices she made.

Y/n stood up from the wooden bench, the cold wooden bench finally off of her thighs. She placed the book inside her bag, careful not to bend the book cover or any of the pages. She picked up her shoulder bag and places it on her left shoulder and dusted off her skirt, removing the earphones from her ears and putting it back to her blazer pocket.

She entered the school by the garden entrance, pushing the metal bar that was painted grey. She saw some few glares that was clearly directed at her but she shook it off like it was nothing. She walked up the stairs, passing by the first year corridor and as she was about to go up the second year hallway she was took somewhere by a familiar feeling of someone's hand.

"Y/n I just found out that the reason Atsumu called things off with me was because he was seeing someone. As much as I'd like to see you guys together, stay away from him Y/n." Akina took Y/n to the empty first year hallway when Y/n was just going to the second year hallway.

"I'm not trying to get back to him Akina." Y/n said in an almost exhausted voice. The voice of giving up.
Akina trampled back in shock. "There's no way we're getting back together, if he's dating someone else then I'm sure they can make him happy." She was ready to accept the bitter truth.

"Y/n I'm sure Atsumu's just playing around with them and you can get him back after he's finished." Akina tried hard to persuade Y/n to get Atsumu back. Akina knew that their hearts beats for each other but both denies it and that's why she tries so hard to get them back together.

"Then I'm the next victim of his schemes." She said to Akina in a manner that said, 'that's common knowledge, you should know it.' in a type of way. She could almost roll her eyes when saying it.

Y/n's phone received a small ring indicating a message. She opened up her phone to see the captain of the Itachiyama boys message, 'I'm sorry to disturb you in such time L/n-san. Do you remember the girl you were with when we visited for the practice match? Was Akina the name? Well that's what I heard of from Sakamato-san. If she's not in a relationship can you please set me up with her. -Iizuna Tsukasa.' The message read. Y/n smirked up a bit, remembering when she saw them blushing when they met each other's eyes.

"Akina, remember when the Itachiyama boys visited us? You know their captain, don't you? I have his number, well I'm only saying this to you since, you know, now that you're available it's nice to start anew. Well if I'm not wrong months before you broke up, you already didn't love him." Y/n pulled out a small sticky note out of her pocket that had mini doodles, she did them during Physics lesson when she was too bored, and wrote Iizuna's number on it. She patted her shoulder and went upstairs to the second year hallway.

"Y/n?" She heard Atsumu's voice calling out for her, more like asking if it was her to be true. She turned around meeting his light brown eyes directly. "May we speak?" He asked for her permission, he looked nervous and wary for some reason.

"To be true, I do not wish to converse with you right now Miya. However, I'll spare you some of my time." Admitting the truth, it would not be quite truthful if she would say she would enjoy a conversation with the blond setter but she did not want to come off rude or anything.

"Do you love Omi-kun or that Akashi guy?"

"Or me?"

Y/n stopped.

"You have quite the lovely eyes Miya." She said as she scooped up the ice-cream sprinkled with rainbow coloured toppings with marshmallows drizzled with chocolate.

"Thanks! Many says that Samu's grey eyes look better than mine." He smiled happily as he blushed on the compliment he had received from the (h/c) coloured female.

"I never thought I'd see the international playboy blush." She smirked, showing in the ice-cream. "Well I thank you for the date Miya. I'm enjoying the day so far, I suspect you have prepared more by those anxious gestures you're worried if you mess up." Reading him like a book she just had found in the public library.

"After this, let's go watch Insidious." He looked up from the cup of ice cream and looked directly in his ice. This was one of their dates back when they were first years, when youth has just blossomed.

"Omi, you're eyes are quite fascinating. The bold colour of the black matches well with your curly black hair." Y/n compliments his colour palette and the spiker blushes, you could see the red tint on his cheeks that you can make out above the small space in his mask. This was when Y/n visited the boys volleyball gym when she had to admit a letter coming from the school, when they were third years in junior high.

"Akashi you're heterochromia eyes look dazzling under the moonlight." No one had ever complimented his eyes before excluding his lovely mother of course. Many believed in the folklore that heterochromia eyes were eyes of the witch. His own father even despised his eyes but was loved by his mother. This was one of their beach night walks when he randomly invited Y/n out of her house and take her to the beach, when she was still in Tokyo.

The thing we call love can either be a blessing or bad luck, some may stray to the wrong path or some may walk to the right path. Some may walk to the right path knowing it was the right choice or some may walk to the wrong path knowing it was the wrong choice.

The choices we make can either be right or wrong. One may be virtuous or sinful. One may be kind or evil. One may be full of love or full hatred. One may be honest or deceitful. One may be gullible or intelligent. One may be innocent or guilty. One may be sane or insane.

But one can never be kind, full of love, always right, honest, virtuous, intelligent, innocent nor sane. A human is designed to be flawed may there be gods or not. A human can be full of love yet can be deceitful. One can be always right but can be insane. One may be intelligent but may be not virtuous. No human can be perfect, a human is always flawed.

In this damned world, the good and evil exist. The hope and despair. What we call love and what we call hate. The possible and impossible. The nightmare and the dream. Everything has its opposites, everything is a fifty-fifty percent chance but sometimes it's up to us to change the percentage. Like the day and night, the moon and sun, the ocean and the land.

"You've got your father's beautiful eyes my boy."

"I noticed how I have father's colour palette –my skin is mixed though– and have your
facial structures. I'm you and father mixed together."

"You've got your mother's intelligence though."

"You're a smart man yourself father.