CHAPTER 20

Chapter 20

EVERYDAY THAT I open my eyes wondering my eyes around the room, waiting for someone to call me for the breakfast but I always disappoint myself that he is going to be the one who's knocking outside my door.

I looked at the sunrise waiting for it to shine and make a signal for me to live for me and for myself. Hindi ko namalayan ang oras hanngang sa makitang maliwanag na sa labas habang ako ay nakatitig pa rin doon at nang may kumatok sa pinto ko ay nawaglit doon ang tingin ko.

"Princess, breakfast." Ani Kuya.

He already knows that I am awake because the week that we've been here ay nakabisado na niya agad ang routine ko kada umaga. The first three days that we stayed here, he always catches me, looking at the window waiting for the sunrise.

"Give me 5." Sagot ko sa kanya.

Nag ayos ako ng sarili at hindi muna naligo dahil masyado pang umaga at malamig! It's February kaya talagang malamig ang klima sa Rome. I just fix my hair and wear more decent clothes. Hindi na rin naka cast ang braso ko dahil magaling naman na ito.

"You're not going to roam around here? There are many places to go here." Turan pa ni Kuya.

"I have plans today. I got an email from the agency and I have to go to their base here in Italy. Maybe, I am lucky that the base is here in Rome." I informed him.

"Okay, I'll back you up. I know na ayaw mong magpakita muna sa kanya kaya tutulungan kitang i-block ang mga CCTV na madadaanan mo." Napatango tango naman ako.

Wala na muling nagsalita samin pero ramdam ko ang mga sulyap sakin ng kapatid ko. Ganyan naman siya mula ng umalis kami ng bansa ay palagi niyang pinapakiramdaman ang bawat kilos at galaw ko dahil sa unang araw namin dito ay wala akong ginawa kundi ang umiyak at hindi lumabas ng kwarto.

"I'm glad that you're trying to move forward." Napalingon ako kay Kuya na may masuyong ngiting naka plaster sa labi niya.

"I have to." I warmly smiled and take my hand to my tummy.

"I am so proud of you. You really did grow up well, Princess. Regardless of what happened to us, you still live your life and continue to be strong and happy." Ani to habang may pagmamalaki sa mga ngiti niya at pagkamangha sa mga mata niya.

"I am not living my life Kuya not until I met his sister and him. They made me realize things that I have to do to forgive and love myself." My tears pooled thinking about the moments I had with Suri.

"I-I was mad at dad. I blamed him for y-years until his last birthday t-this year. I know that I have no reason to blame him b-but I needed it for me to not get insane with my thoughts of m-my- o-our mom dying in front of me a-and I can't do anything but to hide in the cabinet and then you. I found out that you were t-taken from us. I was frustrated and mad at myself but I-I can't admit that it's my fault that's why I blamed daddy." Humihikbing sabi ko.

Hindi ko na mapigilang humagugol. I placed my hand on my face to hide my tears from him but looks like my Kuya still knows me. He approaches me and then hugs me.

"You are still brave, my princess. You made it through the hard days and now you're here in front of me being a mother to your future child. Gumawa ka ng desisyon na hindi mo alam kung ano ba talagang kalalabasan pero sumugal ka pa rin and I am proud of you for that. For everything." Pag aalo pa ni Kuya habang marahang hinahaplos ang likod ko para patahanin ako.

Ilang minuto pa kaming nasa ganoong posisyon hanggang sa kumalma na ako. Natatawang pinunasan ko ang mga luha.

"Ang drama mo kuya!" Natawa naman siya sakin.