"Never asked you to,"

"You didn't have to. Friends care without having to be asked,"

"Who says we're friends?" I countered sharply.

"I do, and whether or not you like it, I care about you, Chaeyoung. You seriously need to drop this tough act like you don't care about anything because clearly, you're hurting and by pushing everyone away you're only making everything worse for yourself,"

"You don't know what you're talking about. I'm perfectly fine,"

"You're not though. Look, you don't have to do shit I say, but if I can give you advice-"

"You can't,"

"You need to start letting people in, otherwise you'll be all alone with that dick you have for a husband torturing you and holding you captive as if you were a prisoner,"

"Chanyeol is a good husband," my voice was weak as I spoke probably the biggest lie anyone ever has.

"Yeah and I turn into a tooth fairy at midnight. Cut the crap, Chaeyoung,"

"What the fuck do you know?! Huh?! You think you can tell me how to live my life? You think you have the right to just because I talk to you once in a while? Because you don't, you fucking don't and you have no idea what my life is like, so shut up!"

"Oh, I do. I know you're not living. This," he motioned up and down with his hands outstretched in my direction, "this is not living and it most certainly isn't a life. You're sneaking out of your own house, you have a new bruise every day like that bastard doesn't even try to hide, he hurts you anymore for gods' sake. My dog has more freedom than you, so why are you pretending like everything is perfect? Huh? Why? Give me one good reason why you're-"

"What else can I do?! I can either pretend I'm fine or completely lose it!"

"Or you can be with the person who makes you genuinely happy!"

"Yeah?" I snarled, "And who's that?"

"Lisa,"

"Oh yeah, right, forgot about the girl who's fucking around and bringing every girl she sees home. My bad,"

Michael shook his head in frustration at my statement and I leaned further into my seat, arms crossed against my chest in defiance, "You know she's not like that,"

"Do I though? You have no idea what kind of person she is,"

"Right now, I feel like I know her better than you do,"

"What makes you think that?"

"You're so blinded by sadness and pain and anger that you refuse to see what is so incredibly clear. Lisa is like the most translucent person I have ever met. She loves you, Chaeyoung, and if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you,"

"Yeah, right," I scoffed and turned my head to the side, hoping he'd just stop talking already and leave me the fuck alone.

"Alright, let's say she doesn't then," Michael conceded, "Why else would she drop everything just to be with you then? Why would she come back that night after everything went to shit? Why would she give you a phone when you no longer have yours, and why would she help you hack into Chanyeol's? Why else would she offer for you to stay there? Hell, why do you think she looks at you like that?"

"She doesn't look at me in any way,"

"Please, she wears her heart on her sleeve. It's beyond obvious, you're the only one who doesn't see it,"

"Why did she almost fuck Sooyoung then, huh? If she, oh, so loves me?"

"She literally pushed her away several times,"