10

When I looked at her, I was confronted by her eyes looking straight back at me. A tinge of remorse could be noticed, but she was clearly suppressing it.

I wiped the perspiration from my brow as she closed her eyes and breathed loudly in and out, signaling despair.

She opened her eyes to find me drinking another glass of cold water, then took a step towards me.

She handed me the almond milk container.

"I tried to explain myself to you previously, but you kept interrupting me. I understand how you felt since it was my fault, and I know that. I was going home to give you some time to calm down before we went through it together calmly, but doing all of this wasn't necessary, baby." I stated it carefully, making sure to include the nickname at the end, knowing how sensitive she became and the circumstance we were in. And I wasn't even angry.

She bit her lip knowing I had a point so I continued, "I love spicy food, but that shit was spicier than wasabi or eight times Samyang," I added in disbelief. It was true. "I'm not sure where you got that from, but I'm fairly sure it's been lying in your cabinet or somewhere ready to be used in case I screw up because I've never seen or tasted anything like that shit before." I made a joke about the meal to lighten up the atmosphere.

The motherfucker tensed and simply stared at me for some reason.

We exchanged glances, and my eyes widened as the realisation dawned on me.

Oh my god.

When her face began to repress a smile, I gasped before flinging my head back and laughing, followed by her. "How in the world did you know?" She asked, putting her tatted hands over her mouth to keep herself from giggling too loudly.

My mouth fell, and the question reinforced what I was thinking: "So-Oh my gosh! You're crazy insane!" I screamed, surprised. She approached me, still laughing wildly, as I attempted to back up just for my back to contact a surface. She wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her face in my chest.

She was indeed caught.

"There was no way you had that stuff in your pantry– you don't even like spicy shit unless it's for me, which you never made me try!"

Her body vibrations indicated that she was giggling silently. I mashed my lips together, trying not to giggle as I tried to pull her arms off my body in a teasing manner. "Stopppp," she whined, her tone indicating she was still smiling.

I bit my lip to keep the smile from spreading to both corners of my mouth as I felt her hold tighten, as if she didn't want to let go of me. "You're ridiculous," I said, shaking my head in astonishment at the joke that turned out to be entirely real. "Do you know that?" I said, placing my hands on each side of her head to make her look at me.

"You make me nuts," she said as she laid her chin on my chest and smiled toothlessly, exposing her distinct dimples. When she pursed her lips and asked to be kissed, I reciprocated the grin. The smile faded and was replaced by a scowl, "I can never stay upset with you."

"I'm sorry," I said honestly. "We'll discuss it anytime you want, baby."

"First, let's eat; I'm hungry, and I know you are too.

"I think I am alright. All the milk and water I drank? I'm stuffed." My shoulders shrugged.

To be honest, I was afraid for my life, that the next food she gave me would kill me.

"Don't worry, I didn't put anything on it. There will be no round two." She laughed heartily at my reply.

She pressed a kiss on my lips while tiptoeing, then scowled while sliding her tongue between her lips and stood back up. She drew my head down to her face by laying her palm on the back of my head, then said, "Oh my goodness," as she drew back. "It's fucking hot!" she licked her lips fiercely before snatching the milk from the counter to drink it.