Cerulean City : Part 7 - Gym Battle Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Marshtomp use Aqua Jet!!" Lily ordered. Marshtomp jumped as calm blue water covered its body as it shot forward like a bullet towards Bulbasaur.

'...Bulbasaur I know this will hurt but as soon as Marshtomp comes into the striking range use Leech Seed!' Ash told him in desperation. He knew Bulbasaur won't be able to dodge. The paralyzing torrent of electricity was powerful...So he did what he could.

His prediction was indeed true when he saw Bulbasaur get hit by Marshtomp who was covered in water. Despite being a 'not-so-effective' attack as per the typing that must have hurt Bulbasaur quite a lot due to being paralyzed.

Although a small wave of satisfaction hit him when he saw Bulbasaur discreetly launch a medium sized seed covered in green aura at Marshtomp.

Marshtomp swam to a nearby platform and stood upon it with an almost victorious expression when he felt slender vines wrap around himself. Its eyes widened to comic proportions when he felt a small seed with thorny vines embed itself on its right leg.

And then started the pain.

"MARRRSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!"

The ground/water pokemon cried out in pain as he felt his energy get slowly drained from him. Bulbasaur slowly crept up from the place he had collided with when the Aqua Jet had hit him with a look of smug satisfaction when he felt a small amount of drained energy heal him a little.

Marshtomp was now covered in thick thorny vines that were sapping its energy and transferring it to Bulbasaur.

Lily's eyes widened as she saw those vines with thorns wrapped around Marshtomp...This was bad. She yelled out to her pokemon, "MARSHTOMP! GO UNDERWATER AND TRY TO FREE YOURSELF!!"

Underneath the water Marshtomp would have better mobility due to being water type. And it needed all the mobility it could gather to escape from those deadly sapping vines. Marshtomp slowly and sluggishly dived inside the water of the swimming pool.

Ash gritted his teeth in frustration. Bulbasaur didn't have any moves to hit Marshtomp underwater...

...But who said that he couldn't improvise?

'Bulbasaur use Vine Whip and dip your vines in water as deep as you can!' Ash ordered Bulbasaur through aura. Bulbasaur pondered about this for a moment before he realized what Ash was planning.

He extended slender green vines from his Bulb and dipped them into the water. Ash smirked as he saw exactly how deep Bulbasaur's vines reached. It would be enough for what he was planning. The 3 sisters raised an eyebrow as the Bulbasaur did that.

'NOW BULBASAUR! GATHER AS MUCH POISON POWDER AS YOU CAN AND DISSOLVE THE POISON INTO THE POOL WITH THE VINES!' Ash told him.

It was a perfect plan. Bulbasaur was basically using the vines as conductors for the poison and then transforming the pool into a poisoned swamp. And since Marshtomp was underneath the poisonous swamp so...

Ash chuckled cruelly...Wait a second...Gah! He's gotta spend less time with that bloodthirsty electric kitten...He was a bit sadistic but that was just too much...

Soon Bulbasaur's vines turned a deep malicious purple in color and all the color drained from Lily's face. She knew exactly what was going to happen now...Marshtomp was going to drown in a poisonous swamp...

The water in the pool soon started to turn a light violet in color and soon enough it was pretty obvious that the whole water in the pool was poisoned.

"MARSSSSSHHHHHHH!!"

A shrill cry erupted from the pool as a dull blue figure came out of it with a splash...The Marshtomp gasped for breath and coughed. Some thorny vines were still wrapped around its waist which were still draining its energy...