old ways, new love

3 weeks had flown by, now Clay was driving George to the airport. He was only leaving for a week, but Clay knew that one week wouldn't go by as fast as the ones prior. George didn't want to leave his lover; he honestly hated being in the U.K. It brought back so many bad memories the U.K. was the equivalent to Clay's beach house. George had difficulty expressing his emotions, so he always kept his past trauma bottled up inside; it didn't bother him much unless he thought about it for a while.

The boys arrived at the airport, Clay stayed with George all the way up until he boarded. They kissed goodbye "see you in 7 days, my love," George whispered. Clay nodded, wiping a single tear from his eye.

Clay left the airport, saddened when he looked toward the passenger seat seeing his boy wasn't next to him. When Clay got back to his house, he changed into one of George's hoodies. Clay reassured himself he would be okay without George for 7 days. He had to wait 13 hours till he would hear George's sweet voice. To pass the time he watched movies and played video games, he honestly did anything to keep his mind off George. Clay fell asleep for a few hours but was awoken by his phone ringing; it was George.

"Hey baby, just calling to let you know I landed, and I'm on my way home."

"Okay, my love, text me when you're home."

"Okay, bye, baby, I love you."

The call ended; he didn't even get to say, 'i love you' back. Clay reassured himself that George was probably tired and just wanted to let him know he had landed safely.

When George arrived at his house, he was tired, so tired he fell asleep the second his head hit the pillow, completely forgetting to text Clay.

"It's been 3 hours since George called; I really hope he's okay," Clay thought to himself as much as he wanted to call his boyfriend. He didn't want to seem clingy and needy. Clay texted George goodnight and went to bed curled up in a ball, still wearing George's hoodie.

Goodnight. I hope you're okay is the text George woke up to.

Oh my god, baby, I'm so sorry I fell asleep the second I got home, I'll make this up to you when I come back, T minus 6 days, baby <3

Clay woke up around 1pm, meaning it was 6pm in London. George was right, 6 days till they could be in each other's arms.

"George, come here" George could hear his mother's voice echo through the empty house. George found out that while he was in America, his step-sister moved out.

"Coming," George yelled back.

"Hey, mom, what's up."

"Oh nothing, Vanessa came looking for you a few weeks ago, and I told her you would text her when you got back."

"Uhm, mom... I actually have a boyfriend, and it's uh Clay."

"Really? That's so great Hunny, if Vanessa comes by I'll just tell her you're seeing someone."

"Yeah, thanks for not being weird about it."

"Why would I be? You should get to love whoever you want, George."

With that, George went back to his room. He messaged Clay, hey, love. Clay responded instantly, with a phone call; all they wanted was to hear each other's sweet voices.

"Hey, baby," Clay's voice echoed.

"Hi," George replied; even though he had slept for a while after his flight, he was still tired, and with the information he had just received, he just wasn't in the mood for anyone's shit.

"Oh, I'll let you go, sorry."

"No, baby, I'm sorry I'm still tired, and my mom told me my ex-girlfriend was looking for me."

"Vanessa? "

"Yeah"

"I'll message her ill tell her what's up, your mine Georgie."

"Baby, I know, but messaging her won't do anything but create unnecessary drama, and I told my mom you and I were together."

"Oh, how did that go?"

"Fine, she was really supportive."

"That's good baby, do you want me to let you go so you can get some rest?"

"Can we stay on the phone?"

"Of course, I think I'm going to speedrun for a bit, then maybe go back to sleep."

Clay couldn't stop thinking about what George had said about Vanessa; Vanessa broke George so bad to the point where he took a break from streaming when that was the one thing George loved more than anything. He shook it off, starting to speedrun, he wasn't streaming, but he was trying to beat his personal best. Speedrunning took Clay's mind off everything; he was proud of himself for how far he's come in just a few months.

Clay had fallen asleep at his desk; he eventually woke up when he looked around the clock read 12am. He stumbled over to his bed, remembering George fell asleep on call. He grabbed his phone to check if the call was still active; it was. Clay instantly fell asleep dreaming of George.

Clay woke up in a cold sweat. He had a dream where George was killed; it made him think how awful that would feel. Clays biggest fear was his significant other dying, which was worse than a breakup to him. Clay started crying. He missed his boyfriend more than anything. (tw) He found himself in the bathroom crying and shaking uncontrollably. It was 4am, and Clay hated himself; he hated how much he depended on his boyfriend and how he seemed to only be happy around him. (tw over) Clay stood from the floor, turning the shower on, trying to calm himself down. It was just 4 days now. 

                                                                                                  (958 words)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly chapter 8 will not be out tonight maybe tomorrow.

thank you for the love on the book  

-Emma