"You're excused, and you look at me as if you want to ravish me," he claimed with smirk, lighting a cigarette while driving.

"You wish," I huffed, shaking my head, looking out of the window, "I just looked at you because you're confusing."

"Why am I confusing?" he asked, sounding curious.

"Why are you so nice?" I asked him. "There is no reason for me not to be nice. Yes, I'm a drug dealer, but I'm also a human, pretty lady," he told me blankly, "if you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you, if you cause me problems, I'll do the same.

"Yes, you act like a human. Therefore, I wonder how such a nice man can do such a job. Most men or people who do your job are not nice at all," I mumbled curiously.

"I'm not like the most men in this business, I'm not a no-brainer, I'm more ... like a mirror ... I tend to reflect peoples behaviors and treat them the same way they treat me."

"Be careful, being nice might cause you problems and bring you in dire situations," I mumbled in a daze, reminding how I almost drowned in my own tears and pain after getting caught by him after helping his brother.

"You speak as if you know this business too well," he claimed, giving me a suspicious look, bringing me out of my daze.

"I was young too, I went to parties, to clubs. I took drugs. And the people I bought drugs from weren't as nice as you," I lied, lying became a habit for me over the past few years. And it wasn't difficult for me to lie as my whole life was based on a lie.

"Why did you start with this business?" I asked him, leading him off me, changing the topic from me to him.

"I had no choice. My sister is sick. And I didn't make enough money to buy her medication and have a roof over my head with my previous job. I heard that this business makes good money. Therefore, I got into this business. Now, I make enough money to pay my sister's medication and have a roof over my head," he muttered.

"I'm sorry, what does your sister have?" I asked him. "Cancer, like you," he claimed. "I'm sorry Mateo," I said again, before a question popped up in my head again, "where are your parents? Why aren't they taking care of her?"

"They died, in a car crash."

"I'm so sorry for your loss, and I bet your parents are proud of you for taking care of your sister as best as you can," I told him with a genuine smile.

"You think so? Even after all the shit I'm involved in?" he asked me back.

"I think they'd understand you, at least I do, because sometimes you have no choice but to involve yourself in shit to survive, I mean look at me, I wouldn't sit here if I had another choice, would I?" I asked him with sad smile.

"I guess you wouldn't, as you understand me I do too, we both understand each other because we both knew what despair for a feeling is," he told me with a smile.

"I wouldn't take you to my boss, if you wouldn't tell me about your daughter. I agreed to take you to him because I know the feeling of despair. I know what it feels like to be afraid of losing someone. It's hard to see the one you love in pain or know the one you love is sick. I know it because of my sister."

"I'm so sorry for your sister, but she is very lucky," I said him. "Why?" he asked me.

"I can tell you that love and care her, that's why your sister is lucky, Mateo. Don't let life change you, stay who you are for your sister," I told him with a smile.

It was rare to see someone in the Mafia who could empathize and wasn't selfish and self-centered. And I really hoped he could survive in our world without changing.