Raijin: Who knows?

Eugeo: I can't imagine beating those upperclassmen.

Raijin: Can't imagine it, huh?

{Time Skip}

You and Eugeo were back in the dorm. It was dark outside, but you were sitting at the desk writing down in your journal.

Eugeo: Goodnight, Raijin.

Raijin: Goodnight.

Eugeo goes to sleep. You close your journal and you turn the lamp off. You get up and you lay in bed.

{The Next Day}

You were in a sparring session with Liena. You ran at her and you clashed swords with her. But she took one step and you felt the amount of force that pushed you back. Liena took out her whip and she swung it and missed. But she pulled it back as you jumped over it and ran towards her.

Liena threw her whip down and she swung her sword but you blocked her attack. But she knocked you off balance with her strength and you ended up letting your sword go and it lands behind you.

Raijin: Ugh! I lost again!

Liena: Don't be so hard on yourself. You made some progress.

Raijin: No, I still have ways to go!

Liena: Don't be so modest. I know you still have some latent power that you're hiding from me. When I chose you as my page a year ago, it was because I sensed our sword styles were similar. But in the last year, it's become clear how unrefined my sword skills are.

Raijin: You're really powerful, Liena-senpai. In the end, I wasn't able to beat you once...

Liena: Nor have I managed to defeat him in the last two years.

Raijin: Do you mean First-Seat Volo Levantein?

Liena: Yes. To be honest, whenever I face Volo, I can feel myself falter. No matter how hard I train, I just can't convince myself that I can withstand his powerful sword. However... That's not why you can't defeat me. There's more to the Aincrad style that you haven't shown me, isn't there? I want to know everything about you as a swordsman before I graduate the day after tomorrow.

Liena threw the wooden sword back to you and you catch it.

Raijin: Okay, but could you just wait one more day? I promise to show you tomorrow. The greatest skill I can wield.

Liena: Tomorrow's a day of rest. Training is forbidden, remember?

Raijin: It won't be training, though. I-It's your graduation gift. I'm sure it's okay to give someone a present on a day of rest, right?

Liena: I've never heard of giving someone a sword skill as a gift. But I'll gratefully accept it.

Raijin: Yeah. It'll be my pleasure.

You left the training hall. You decided to head back to the dorm but you had to sneak in since it was past curfew.

Raijin: Primary Trainee Raijin has returned!

???: You've arrived 38 minutes after curfew.

Raijin: My mentor, Elite Disciple Sortiliena Serlut, told me to extend my training session.

???: It's a page's duty to receive the instruction of a disciple, so very well. But you seem to view this as permission to break curfew, do you not?

Raijin: N-Not at all, Ms. Azurica. My only goal is to hone my sword skills as much as I can. Breaking curfew is an uninteded result.

Azurica: *sighs* Mealtime is in 17 minutes. Make sure you're not late for that.

Raijin: Of course.

You quickly ran to the dining hall and you saw Eugeo sitting at a table. You decided to sit with him after getting your food.

Eugeo: You're late, Raijin.

Raijin: Sorry. Liena gave me a special training session. Looks good.

You took a bite of the food and Eugeo did the same.

???: I can't tell you how envioud I am, Lord Raios. After we toiled so hard to clean this cafeteria, they get to waltz in and simply eat. No, seriously, I envy them.

Raios: Hey, don't be like that, Humbert. I'm sure that even those page trainees have struggles of their own we can't even fathom.

Humbert: I suppose you have a point. The pages are at their mentors' beck and call. I hear they can't say no to anything.

Raios: They're an eccentric bunch that specifically pick commoners to be their pages. They must issue the most outlandish things to them.

Eugeo: Don't pay attention to them, Raijin.

Raijin: I'm not. I'm simply ignoring them.

Eugeo: By the way, how's your garden doing?

Raijin: Better and better each day. It should be ready in time for graduation.

Eugeo: Really? I'm looking forward to it.

After you and Eugeo finished eating. You and Eugeo decided to go look at your garden. Eugeo then saw the flowers but they haven't bloomed yet.

Eugeo: They're really thriving, huh? They're already starting to bud.

Raijin: Well, I did mess up three times to get to this point. I really hope they'll bloom this time.

Eugeo: Giving Liena flowers you raised yourself as a graduation gift... It's surprising.

Raijin: I know.

Eugeo: Still, even after spending two years together, I had no idea you enjoyed this kind of thing.

Raijin: Well, only for this time.

Eugeo: (smirks) Don't tell me...

Raijin: It's not like that. I just want to be really grateful to her, that's all.

Eugeo: Okay. But I think she'll really like it.

Raijin: Yeah. I hope so too.

Eugeo: Hey, isn't your sword going to be finished tomorrow?

Raijin: Oh, that's right. I forgot that Excalibur was being remade.

Eugeo: Yeah. We should get some sleep now.

Raijin: Right.

You and Eugeo went back to the dorm room to get some sleep.