Author's Note

Congratulations! You made it through my absolute mess of a fanfiction, I applaud you. I hope the ending did not infuriate you too much, I for one am quite mad at Clay, not gonna lie. It's interesting how you can come to despise one of your own characters... I could have made the ending happier, but to be honest, I was reflecting on my current mental state through my writing. So, something sadder felt right. 

In this fic, I wanted to tackle the juxtaposition between infatuating love and miserable heartbreak, and I think that transition was a bit rushed. I apologize for that. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed it.

This story has changed in meaning for me a lot along the way, it started for fun, then I became attached, then my personal life got messy and so did the actions of Clay and George and their whole relationship soared into the depths of hell. Fun. Some of my personal bitterness may have come across in the fic, which I think elevates the amounts of sadness presented, but also may have been a bit confusing for you. Writing this was confusing for me, too. I'm sorry. 

Thank you so much to every single one of you, your comments have kept me afloat the past couple of days. I remember getting 10 reads and screaming because I was so excited, now we're at 13,000. Insane. It truly baffles me. I love you, I love you, I love you. 

Once again, thank you for reading. You are incredible, and don't forget it. Drink some water, you've earned it. Feel free to yell at me in the comments if you didn't like the ending or just want to vent. I love talking to you guys. 

I love you. <3