Chapter 12: Recovery leads to Memory Lane

"Eren Jeager I think I love you." He whispered softly, as if it was never meant to pass his lips.

        I felt my insides tighten and my heart rate fluttered for a moment, which he didn't notice. I felt his breathing become rhythmic and I glanced up quickly to see Levi sleeping. I felt my eyes flutter closed and slowly let myself breathe out a soft confession that I couldn't hear myself;

"Levi I think love you, too." And I let sleep take me away.

---Slight Time Skip--

"Eren, Levi I'm back! I got some Chinese too so get down here!" I heard someone yell followed by the slamming of the door. 

        I groaned and squeezed my eyes shut refusing to acknowledge the time. I turned my face into Levi's chest to avoid both sunlight and the fact that I was going to have to eat and face my Aunt Carla. 

"Boys! Get down here!" Carla hollered at us now. 

"Fuck that shit." I heard Levi mumble and his grip on me tightened. "Can we stay here forever?" 

"I can handle that." I murmured and hugged him close. We sat there for a few moments until there was stomping outside my door.

        Carla didn't even knock, she simply came in. The door was thrown open and she stalked over and stopped at the end of the bed. We'd both almost completely fallen asleep again.

"Up. Time to eat, let's go." She said and pulled my blanket off of us.

"Ah Carla! Really?" I jumped up because it scared me.

"Sorry about that." Levi said with his normal bored expression.

She smiled at us now.

"Thank you, now before it gets cold. Downstairs now, come on." She turned and left leaving the door wide open.

"Haven't you ever heard of closing the god damn door?" I screamed after her and stood up.

"Shame the poor groom’s bride is a whore." I heard Levi finished the lyric and turned so fast I almost fell.

"Y-you know that song?" I was actually surprised.

"Who doesn't? It was #1 in like 2006." He said flatly and stood as well.

"You're fucking weird." I shook my head and chuckled.

"Tch, whatever. Let's go down before Carla comes back to beat us up and hide the bodies in a ditch." He began walking down the stairs.

        As soon as we entered the kitchen Carla was chattering away at us.

"Well it's about time! Ah I remember when I was young and in love. My parents couldn't ever get us to listen to them for 5 minutes straight. Why I remember-" She was rambling and I decided to stop it there.

"Aunt C do you really need to explain this all to us?" I sighed out.

"Well I wouldn't have taken a trip down memory lane if you'd been quicker." She replied with a chuckle

"Sorry. I was getting up anyways!"

"Brat don't lie. Don't give me that look, I heard you complain about how much you wanted to stay in bed." Levi spoke up. 

Shot down by your own boyfriend, or was he just complaining? 

Oh hey voice, nice to see you a-fucking-gain. I seethed to the sound in my head.

Hello Eren. Did you miss me? I could hear a smile. 

Of course I didn't.... right?

"Oi, brat you okay? You look like someone kicked your puppy." Levi's comment snapped me back to reality.