chapter 07

FORBIDDEN TO DIE

YOU HAD EFFECTIVELY ESCAPED from PE class

(s/c) fingertips pressed lightly against the indigo-painted wood, pushing slowly afraid of making too much racket and giving up your location. A small click came from the entrance. You sighed, all the crumpled air in your lungs fleeing from your lips. You strode over to the old-very familiar chair, collapsing comfortably on its silky petty ripped surface. Yes, it wasn't the first time you had escaped PE or any class for that matter. Yes, it wasn't the first time you had used the bottom floor classroom as your secret spot. And yes, you had repeated the same routine for the past 2 weeks. For some miracle, you haven't been chastised or called out for it—therefore—you were (most likely) failing the Hero Course and PE.

It's worth the peace though, you tried to sway yourself mentally. The silence, the comfort, the privacy, the avoiding of embarrassment, yep—your eyelids hid your drained (e/c) —it's worth the guilt.

Till the door slammed open.

"(l/n) (y/n)!" You jerked upon hearing All Might, eyes popping open. His skinny hand was pressed against the hardwood. His electrifying charcoal and vibrant sea blue eyes burning holes in your soul—he was outraged. "What do you think you're doing?! Are you skipping class? Again?!"

You fell off the chair.

You stood up with a jump, adapting a somewhat soldier-alert stance. Shoot— play dumb!

"Yes—wait! no—well m-maybe—NO—I mean—I have class?"

He facepalmed.

Maybe this was the finish line. Here, you were about to be murdered by the already retired ex-number one hero. Well, maybe not murdered, that goes against his beliefs, but it's going to feel that way. He squeezed his hand on his nose and massaged his nerves as you stared at him warily. "Even your lying has gotten worst."

In other sorts of circumstances, a laugh would have come out of you, yet, you knew very well not to mess with a very angry Toshinori. You swallowed the chuckle and kept quiet. You knew he knew you were skipping classes, there wasn't any excuse to save you from the current predicament, and neither were you trying to formulate one. You were suddenly crushed by a ton of bricks with guilt written all over them. He finally heaved a sigh, clapping his hands together with eyebrows curled.