chapter 02

WALLFLOWERS

YOU SCOFFED IN IRRITATION, kicking a rock on the pavement

YOU SCOFFED IN IRRITATION, kicking a rock on the pavement. Damn you All Might, Damn you Gran Torino, school, UA, and world. I—even damn the boy I almost bumped with. Damn everything. Your head kept racing with rage, you were currently walking around Musufatu, or well, what was close to UA. If you were to go too far you might get lost and not find your way back. Now that I think about it, that might not be that bad.

"But Toshinori will be mad." You whined, "I don't want to deal with that." You pressed your fingers against your chin, tapping aimlessly. You sighed, for your sake and everyone else's you'll ditch the idea of ditching the class. Your fingers played with the mess of hair you owned, scratching out of nervousness trying to stop yourself from panicking hours before the event. This was a mess, this was gonna end utterly wrong —definition of disaster.

"But I just had to agree with it, didn't I? Dumb (t/n)!" Stares were pressed on your back, apparently, in Japan, it wasn't normal to see someone engaging in a conversation with themselves. You looked like a complete creep, awesome. "No! But you always have to be nice, how am I gonna get out of this now? I know nothing about conversing, I always end up saying something stupid—they're gonna get offended, and BUM!" Besides, what kind of relationship gets far with it being based on lies. Yeah—I can see the end of this. It ain't good, I can hear myself saying 'told you so,' already.

You kicked another rock again, almost tripping with your feet, looking way more creepy than before. Your face flushed with embarrassment, crossing the street quickly and walking in the opposite direction, I'm so gonna screw this up. Your face crunched, frowning at the pavement. Frustration, some event you couldn't plan ahead of time since you own no clue how it would turn out. Maybe things would be way easier if you weren't that awkward to be around—you didn't keep up with conversations, not because you didn't want to. What could you possibly add to it?

"(t/n)?"

Your pulse quickened—heart pounding to the point it hurt your ears. Whoever said your name, their voice sounded soft and calming—maybe chirpy. Whatsoever, goosebumps tickled your skin, your shoulders hunched. Even if your name sounded the nicest, the chances of it being a threat were big. You weren't used to this, at all. Exactly the reason why you thought you being at UA was a terrible idea.