Becoming Fae-Ch.2

A/N: Finished editing.

Becoming Fae- Ch. 2

As I turned the corner into the living room, what I saw shocked me.

Three unfamiliar faces, plus Rachael were all looking at me. Rachael was sitting in a chair, the three other people in the room were sitting on the couch. They looked about my age.

Two guys sat beside a girl that looked rather familiar, she almost looked like she could be my twin. Wouldn’t that be crazy?

She had curly blond hair the same shade as mine, and blue eyes with the same intensity as my purple ones. It was almost like looking in the mirror, with very slight changes.

The guy on her left had bright green eyes and chestnut brown hair. He looked rather friendly with a big smile on his face.

The guy sitting to the right of her however, looked bored to be here, like he had something better to do. It almost looked like it pained him to be sitting in my living room. His golden amber eyes were the only pair in the room not fixed on me. His light brown hair wasn’t cut short like the other guy’s hair. It was longer, but not by much.

I cautiously took a seat in the chair next to Rachael’s. Now that I was facing them, they were strangely, well simply put, beautiful. I cleared my throat and tried to speak with the calmest tone possible, because on the inside I was desperately wanting to know what was going on. Who were these people?

"What’s up?" I asked, my voice cracking just the slightest bit.

The bored guy chuckled a bit. I shot a glare at him. He just smirked as a response, still not looking at me.

“Well,” My aunt began “there’s something your family never told you. It’s actually what they were going to tell you before you guys were in that car crash.”

The cheeriness in her voice was gone as she explained this to me.
“You probably won’t believe it.” She said looking over at the three on the couch.

The girl simply shrugged “I’ll tell her if you don’t want to. It might be better coming from me anyways.”

What was going on? Was my family alive?  Was I dead? Is Rachel really my aunt? These questions kept popping up in my head and I couldn't help but inwardly laugh at myself...I was going insane..

"Okay, so what is it?" I said with fake calmness

"Well! First of all” The girl spoke up again. "You aren’t human, your name isn't Crystal, and your family that died....well they weren't your real family." For the words she was saying she maintained a happy cheery tone through all of it.

At this point her words were too much I couldn't take it and I fainted. You can’t really blame me right? It was like crazy information overload. Usually I  can handle things logically, but this, there wasn't  any logic to it.

I woke up to the sound of worried voices.

"I told you this would happen Saph...."  a male voice said.

"You said no such thing Chrystopher Emerald!" The girl said  

"Well if I didn't say it I thought it.." The male voice mumbled...

"Will you two cut it out. She's waking up" The voice I had yet to hear said

How could he know? I asked myself

I slowly opened my eyes and found that I had been moved to the couch. The others were now situated in chairs across the couch, Rachael was standing.

"I'm going to go upstairs" Rachael said quickly and retreated to her room.

"So" Blondie spoke up breaking the silence that followed Rachel's exit.

"I believe some introductions are in order! This is Chrystopher Emerald," she said pointing to  
green eyes,

"this is Nathan Amber" she said pointing to the other guy. Then she pointed at me

"You are Amethyst Crystal Jewel".

What an odd name. At least I still had part of my old name.

"And last and certainly not least, I am Saphyre Avalon Jewel!  Your one and only sister!" She said while dramatically pointing to herself.

She seems like an easy person to get along with. She was like an overly excited version of myself. It’s not that hard to believe that she’s my sister really.

“Well, if I’m not human, what am I then?” I asked

That question had been bugging me since I woke up.

"You and all three of us" she said gesturing to her  friends "are Faeries or Fae for short."

"Oh my god! That is awesome! Can I fly?" I suddenly exclaimed..

Whoa there, where did that come from?

"No you can't fly." The Nathan dude said sounding really bored and annoyed.

Wow he seemed like a jerk. Way to make a terrible first impression.

He laughed. Why would he have reason to laugh though? I didn’t say that out loud did I?  

"Well if I can’t fly. What can I do?" I have to be able to do something special right?

“Well,” I was Chrystopher that answered “all Fae can control the 4 elements: water, air, earth, and fire. When Fae turn 16 they unlock this ability. Every Fae must go to a school, ours is Fae Academy, to learn how to control these elements. Some Fae have special powers though, they’re a little rare though, so I doubt you’ll have any.”

Nathan looked over at him with a look that said, "Are you kidding me?"

“Like Nathan over here, can read minds.” Chrys continued.

That explains things. I’ll have to watch out for that.

<You bet you will>

A voice sounding suspiciously like Nathan's said in my head.

<Yep you catch on quick. I can also project my thoughts.>

Even though that is really cool, his first impression made him look like a jerk and a jerk he shall forever be. First impressions mean a lot to me.

"As I was saying there are some things you need to be worried about in the Fae realm" Crystopher said.

I just realized that he really talks a lot,  Maybe he just likes listening to himself

This thought caused Nathan to burst out in hysterical laughter. I looked over at him, he was kinda cute when he laughed.

Oh shoot.

<Oh so now I'm cute?>

Shouldn't have thought that

<Nope>

{You’re still a jerk}

<As long as I'm a cute jerk>

He's never going to let that go I can already tell.

"Well," Chrystopher started again  "as I was saying. The Fae Realm isn't the lollipop, gumdrop,
candy cane world you’re thinking of"

"I wasn't Thinking that!" I interrupted him

"Yes you were"  Nathan said

Stupid mind reader. He rolled his eyes.

“There are some serious dangers in the Fae Realm. There are Dark Fae. They want to take over the Realm and rule it as they please. They are pure darkness.” He said with a scarily serious tone.

A thought suddenly dawned on me as he said this. I had been so caught up in all the Fae stuff I didn't even think about my life here.

"What if I don't go? What about my life here?”

Nathan answered was the one to answer.

“Then you will most definitely die."