Right?

"Listen, Maki." His voice was more hoarse, and raspy, as if he was struggling to breathe.

"Your parents are dumb-asses."

"I know." He snorts.

"And they don't know how lucky they are to have you..." He placed his hand on hers. "I wont be seeing you for a very long time. At least, I hope."

"Huh?" She furrowed her brows.

"But you're going to be awake tomorrow, right?" He sighed.

"I was right. Innocent but mature..." His eyes looked into hers, striking with sadness. David opened his mouth and muttered three choked words.

"Im dying, Maki."

Her eyes widened.

"Yeah..." He smiles once again.

"How can you keep smiling like that?" 

The sudden realization of the situation came crushing down on her

The sudden realization of the situation came crushing down on her. as tears ran down her cheeks.

"A smile always helps make things better. Even in death, so listen to me." The sirens get closer.

"You're going to go through many hardships in life. Many worse for you than others, but you're also strong willed, and have one of the greatest understandings over our worlds truths and lies..." His eyes seemed to dull and his mouth moved slower than it did.

The few words he uttered were etched into her brain until the day she would die.

"You have a power Maki. Use that power to change people...Because I believe that you can change the world for the better."

"Mr. David...?" She shook his shoulder lightly.

"Hey, Mr.David?" She tried again, but one look at his dull and lifeless eyes and she knew.

Mr.David was no more.

She didn't try and shake him again. She simply raised her hand and slid his eyelids down so that they closed.

"Goodnight, Mr.David. I'll see you later..." 

And she wondered. Is this how all those people felt in the videos?

All of those people who mourned over the dead bodies of their loved ones...

Did they understand the throbbing in her heart now? Did they understand her pain right now? A day of torture it was, for Maki. A day where Maki grew into an adult, but remained a child.

Innocent but mature.

Always.

She wondered, if all of those people who died and the pain their loved ones felt, were all bunched together, would the person holding that pain be able to handle it?