𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙞𝙭

Start from the beginning

"It's part of it." Carmen said with a sad sigh, holding Alaska softly, "I know it's hard, but you're so strong, not everyone can stop themselves."

"I don't want to feel like this anymore." Alaska cried as she rubbed her eyes and sat up to look at the woman, "Please, what can you do? I can't feel this each time something gets hard."

Carmen looked at her guiltily, pushing some hair behind Alaska's ears, "There isn't anything I can do, Mija."

Alaska sobbed as she fell into her arms again, clinging to anything to keep her away from relapsing, never feeling it as bad as she did now, "I'm so stupid."

"You aren't stupid, addiction is such a hard thing." Carmen said as she pulled Alaska's face back to wipe her tears, her own eyes watery, "You're such a strong girl, the strongest woman i've ever know."

Alaska's lip quivered as she stared at her, "Really?"

"Really, and i'm so proud for how far you've come." Carmen said, pulling Alaska back into her arms and rocking her slightly, "My brave girl, i've got you."

"Jesus, you scared the hell outta me." Hawk said as he looked over, finding Alaska walking into the dojo with Miguel, "I called and texted hundred of times, I thought someone stole you."

"I'm sorry." Alaska apologized as she wrapped her arms around him, the hug so forceful and sudden that it took his off guard, "You did amazing last night, i'm sorry I didn't see much of it."

"Something happen? Why didn't you get my attention?" he asked quickly, scanning her over quickly with a worried expression, trying to find something wrong.

"Last night was just a little rough, i'm okay now, I swear." Alaska reassured him with a gentle smile, sad eyes peering his way, "As tough as a caveman."

"You're no caveman." Hawk said with a laugh, hugging her again with a sigh of relief.

"Listen up!" Sensei yelled as he exited his office, staring at the group who hadn't even warmed up yet, "See we got some new recruits."

Alaska looked around at the new group of students that had joined after the festival last night, she smiled at a few.

"Everybody fall in." Sensei demanded, pulling Alaska to stand by his side, "You getting your stitches out today?"

"As soon as I leave here." she said as he knocked knuckles with her quickly.

"Time to see what you're made of." Sensei spoke as he began walking the rows, scanning each of the new students and the old. Alaska stop before them, giving a grin to Hawk who sent a wink her way, buffing his chest out more, "Sorry, parents can't stay for class."

Alaska looked over to find Sensei before a older man, at least twice the age any of the teens in the dojo were. The man gave a smile, "I'm not a dad. I'm-I am here to kick some ass, sir!"

"Yeah!" Alaska cheered over the silence in the dojo, having Sensei look back at her in disbelief. Alaska cleared her throat and looked away awkwardly, catching a taller girl in the crowd giving her a small grin.

"I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic." Sensei said as he walked up the rows again to stand next to Alaska, "But if you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance at becoming a fighter. But to do that, you gotta fight. So, which one of you has the balls to take on the champ?"

Alaska's eyebrows rose as she gave a smirk toward Miguel, looking around at the silent dojo before a voice from the back heard, "I'll take him on."

The same girl that gave Alaska a smile a few moments ago stood confident while Sensei scoffed, "Oh, you will, huh?"