The pain in her heart made her feel alive. It reminded her she was human no matter how numb she felt. She may be afraid of alcohol, but her true greatest fear, was being swallowed by that darkness in her pounding heart.

What would happen if it did? So she busied herself so much, that she became numb. Her body felt nothing, no matter how others saw it. And hopefully, the rare person who understood her would meet her and help her.

She had yet to meet this person.

"Alright, time to go." He picked her up, something he had for some reason grown a habit of, and teleported them straight to their destination.

"What are we doing in T&I?"

"You know where this is?"

"Yeah, I pass by Mr. Ibiki going here every morning when walking to the academy." He nods.

Soon, a familiar blonde haired man appeared with a large smile directed to the both of them.

"Mr. Inoichi!" He chuckled.

"Hello there, Maki~!" She grinned.

"How have you been?"

"Great!" She managed to stop herself from rambling as they walked into a room.

"I want you to stay calm, alright Maki?"

"Eh? What are you-?" He placed his hand on her head, and she was suddenly asleep.

"You ready?" Tenzo nodded, walking to the stone table and lifting her shirt up slightly to show the glowing seal. He casted hand signs as wood surrounded them and made pillars, ANBU circled around the area far away as the hokage appeared with a stern and serious expression.

"We must not let our guards down. Entering the mind of a Jinchuruuki host is very dangerous and could possibly undo the seal." 

"Hai!" Tenzo hovered his hand over her stomach lightly as Inoichi neared.

"I'm going in." Tenzo nodded.

"Good luck."

"You as well." He nodded back and placed his large hand on her small head, placing his other hand into the ram hand sign and suddenly appearing in her mind. At first, it was only dark, which was normal, but soon as the darkness cleared doors started to appear. Inoichi slowly floated to the door that was labeled 'Important memories/ memories in general' and opened it.

He struggled to open the door even more than he usually would and he guessed it was because of the tailed beast, eventually he was able to unlock the door as a flash of white blinded him.

'FIRST MEMORY. CURIOSITY AND CONFUSION.'

"Okay, that's normal..." 

He watched the memory show a young girl in the library, at what he assumed to be the simple age of five, reading a chapter book.

Okay, now that was a nice flex. Reading chapter books at the age of five? Damn!

"World War II." She muttered and flipped open the book.

World war? He wondered. Maybe it was like the shinobi wars? He watched the next scene unfold as she placed the book away, seeming confused until she walked over to a black square shaped object, that somehow projected images when she pressed a button. That was one thing he noted down.

He watched the images start to move on the object, as if it was happening.

But...

These weren't happy images.