Chapter 14: Galloping Gallimimus

Later on, the group have left the jungle, and are now in the plain open field of the island. They're all walking, but are tired from walking in the sun. 

Tim: I'm tired. I'm hot.

Lex: I'm dirty, my legs hurt. 

Tyler: Just keep going, guys. 

Alan: The visitor's center is just about a mile over that rise there. Just...keep--

Just then, a herd of dinosaurs come running into the field. Everyone stops and looks.

Sora: What the?

Alan: What is that? Tim. Tim, can you tell me what they are?

Tim: Gr-- Ga, uh, uh, gala-- Uh, Gallimimus. 

Lex: Are, are those, um, meat-eating? Um, meat-asaurusses? 

Tyler: No. I don't think so.

Just then, the Gallimimus change directions, and head their way. 

Alan: Look at that wheeling. Uniform direction changes...just like a flock of birds evading a predator. 

Tim: They're, uh--(Smiles nervously, backs away) They're flocking this way.

Yang: Oh, snap. 

Coco: Now we've gotta...

All: RUN!!!

They all turn around and run for it. The Gallimimus come in view, squawking as they run. The group head for a big log ahead as the dinosaurs run all around them, missing them. The Gallimimus jump over the log as the group jump over it too. They hide behind it, and duck down as the dinosaurs continue jumping and hopping over the log. After all of them are running away from the group, the group crawl under and hop over the log. They all watch the herd continue running. Then all of a sudden, the T-Rex appears from behind the trees, ambushing the herd. She tries to bite one of them, but misses. One runs by it, and tries to move fast, but she catches it with her jaw. She brings it to the ground. It squawks in pain and fear. And then it tries to get back up, but she bites on it, shaking it around while growling ferociously. And then, she kills it by ripping off parts of its skin and flesh. Everyone watches in awe and shock as she eats on the dinosaur. 

Coco: Oh, man. 

Ren: Tell me about it.

Lex: I wanna go now.

Alan: Look how it eats.

Lex: Please!

Alan: I bet you never look at birds the same way again. 

Tim: Yes.

Tyler: Me too.

Lex: Go now.

Alan: Ok. Keep low and follow me. 

Everyone follows Alan as they keep low from being seen by the Rex. Tim continues watching the Rex eating.

Tim: Look how much blood. 

Tyler comes back, and grabs him. He carries him while keeping low. Meanwhile, in the bunker, Ellie is walking down the steps. It has been almost an hour since Mr. Arnold went to the shed to turn on the power. Ian is laying down on a table while they're checking his leg.

Ellie: Oh, gosh. Something went wrong. Something's happened. Something's wrong. 

Winter: He's right. He should have turned on the power and been back by now. 

John: This is just a delay. That's all it is. All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked. 

Momo: John.