Chapter 5: Mr. DNA, eggs, and raptor pen

The group then enters some kind of theater. 

John: Well, now, why don't you all sit down? (To Gennaro) Uh, Donald, sit down, sit down. 

Donald: That's my name, too. 

John: (Chuckles) Sorry. 

Donald: It's fine. 

Everyone sits down on the seats. Just then, someone on the screen with the Jurassic Park logo comes walking up. It's John in a black suit. 

John: Ah, here. Here he comes. Well, here I come. Yes.

John walks up to the screen as his other self is in front of the scene. He looks at everyone. 

John on screen: Hello. Hello.

John: (To everyone) Say hello. Say hello.

Everyone says hello to the other John with waves. 

John on screen: Hello, John. 

John: Oh, yes, I've got lines. (Takes out some notes) 

John on screen: Well, fine, fine, I guess. But how did I get here?

John: Uh, uh, well, let me show you. First I'll need a drop of blood, your blood. 

John on screen: Right. 

They both reach out. John pretends to poke his finger with a needle. 

John on screen: Ooh! John, that hurt. 

John: Relax, John, it's all part of the miracle of cloning. 

Just then, a bunch of Johns come out from his behind him. They all say, "Hello, John". John walks over to the others to sit down.

Alan: (To Ellie) Cloned from what? Loy extraction has never recreated an intact D.N.A. strand. 

Ian: Not without massive sequence gaps. 

Sae: Paleo-D.N.A. from what source?

Ellie: Where do you get a 100-million-year-old dinosaur blood? 

Gennaro: Shh!

Everyone looks at the screen. On screen, John looks at his finger. Just then, silly music is playing on the screen. As he looks at his finger, some kind of D.N.A. strand comes out of his finger. It has two hands, and a face. It taps on John's shoulder. 

John on screen: What? What? (Sees it) Oh, well, Mr. D.N.A.! Where did you come from?

Mr. D.N.A.: From your blood. Just one drop of your blood contains...billions of strands of D.N.A., the building blocks of life. A D.N.A strand like me is a blueprint for building a living thing. And sometimes, animals that went extinct millions of years ago, like dinosaurs, left their blueprints behind for us to find. We just had to know where to look. 

Mr. D.N.A. shows a scene of a mosquito sucking the blood from a dinosaur, and it gets stuck in tree sap after landing on the tree branch. 

Mr. D.N.A.: 100 million years ago, there were mosquitoes, just like today.  And just like today, they fed on the blood of animals, even dinosaurs. Sometimes, after biting a dinosaur, the mosquito would land on the branch of a tree...and get stuck in the sap. 

Donald: (Whispers) Hey, that's what Daisy told me once. She said sometimes at night, mosquitoes would land on a tree branch, and get stuck in the sap when it stays there too long. 

They all nod at that, and look at the screen. The scene shows two diggers digging fast through the ground. They find a fossilized tree sap, known as amber. And inside, is a mosquito. A scientist works on the amber, drilling a side hole in it, and sticking a needle in the mosquito to extract the dinosaur blood from it.