Chapter 6: The target audience

They're all back in the visitor center. John offered them food, but after they saw, they all lost their appetites, including Tyler, his father, Ellie, and Ian. So Sora and his friends stay outside while John talks to them inside. Sora looks at Winter, who is with them. She stands with them, just waiting for John to be finish with the people inside. Sora then spots something around her neck. His eyes widen as he sees another card.

Sora: (To friends) You guys, look what she's wearing around her neck

His friends look, and they see the card. 

Donald: It's another card. 

Winter: Huh? What did you say?

Riku: You're wearing a card. 

Winter: (Sees it) Oh. This. Why?

They all show her their cards too. She looks at them.

Winter: You guys too?

Sora: Yeah. We've had these for a while. How about you?

Winter: Well, my sister, her friends, and I found these about three weeks ago. But when we got them, we felt different for some reason. 

Kairi: Your sister and her friends have cards too? Where are they now?

Winter: Well, they should be here now. They're landing here on the island to see the park. I invited them to see the dinosaurs. 

Goofy: I bet they're all gonna like it. 

Just then, Tyler comes out of the room. He puts his hands in his pockets, just taking breaths. Everyone looks at him.

Namine: Trying to forget what you saw too?

Tyler: Yep. It's gonna be hard to forget. I don't think I'll be eating for a while. 

Kai: We all won't be eating for a while. 

Momo: No, we won't. I just hope John knows what he's doing. 

Sae: Yeah, something tells me that these animals we're going to see are gonna be seeing humans. Things they've never seen before. The plant-eaters might get nervous or scared of us, thinking we might hurt them. And the meat-eaters, they'll know we'll only be food to them. And if we hurt them, they will attack, kill, and eat us.

Winter: But, hold on. You haven't even seen the park yet. How can you tell?

Sae: Because, think about it. It's a violet, penetrative act that scars what it explores. What they call discovery...I call the rape of the natural world. I mean, how can we know anything about an extinct ecosystem? And how can we assume that we can control it? These dinosaurs have no idea what century they're in, and they will defend themselves, violently, if necessary. 

Tyler: She's right, ma'am. I know Mr. Hammond just wants to show what he has done to bring back the first animals ever, but the world has just changed so radically, and and we're all running to catch up. My dad and I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but look, dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 million years of evolution, have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea of what to expect? (Chuckles, laughs)