ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪᴠ

Start from the beginning

"Kanashimi." Kanashimi looked up at the door, the sudden knock caused him to panic, wiping his face, messily putting everything in the kid, sliding it underneath his bed, changing his clothes into more breathable attire, hiding his dirtied clothes under the bed as well.

"Come in." Kanashimi announced, when the door opened, Reiji quickly covered his nose, his eyes widened, from the scene in front of him; Kanashimi was shaking, dirty, bleeding, injured, and cold from the snow.

Reiji had been tending to his collection of tableware, irritated from the loud noise that was beneath his room, he was ready to yell at the maids for being disruptive. He immediately stopped when he was at the staircase, tracks of water that formed small puddles that stained the red carpet, he angered him greatly as the manor was not kept tidy, he investigated further as he crept up the stairs. To see what could have possibly made the mess, maybe it was the gardener or the triplets. Reiji pursed his lips together when he saw how it stopped, he lifted his chin up when he smelled iron. It upset him, when he the smell became a lot stronger, following it to Kanashimi's room. He only stared worryingly at Kanashimi examining his expression.

"Kanashimi! What happened? Explain this to me this instinct!" Reiji yelled, crouching down, wrapping his arm around his shoulders, rubbing them gently in order to calm Kanashimi down. Kanashimi however looked confused, before he realized how truly ridiculous he really is, if he thought he could hide what happened to him.

"Kanashimi went to the outskirts of the garden, near the west wing..." Kanashimi admitted, turning his head away from him to evade his expression.

"Why would you even do that?!" Reiji shouted, still holding onto both of his arms, with an angry expression. Kanashimi could think of which was anger.

"It was only because Kanashimi wanted to go on his own because Kanashimi would just be a burden." Kanashimi whispered to himself, as he sulked, Kanashimi covered his ears in case Reiji decided to yell at him once again, Reiji only felt guilty about yelling at him, he sighed heavily, punching the bridge of his nose.

"Hah.. Everything is going to be alright." Reiji held both of his hands, bringing them away from his ear, Reiji only knew a few things that cheered him up so he gave him a peck on his cheek, just like how his mother did.

"Wait—! Are you going to leave me alone!?" Kanashimi looked up in confusion, Karlhinez only gave him a peck as a greeting or to depart, knowing he will not be home for quite some time he could not think as to why Reiji would do it right now at the moment, Reiji panicked.

"I gave you a kiss. Since I know how mother would usually gave Shu a peck, whenever he was upset. I did not want to see you sad anymore." Reiji explained, he saw how affectionate his mother would be for Shu. Oh, how envious he was, longing for that very same attention. When Reiji explained further more, his words dragged out a lot more quieter, but it was enough for Kanashimi, which sounds like it made of a lot of sense so he nodded in agreement.

"Now, we should get you all cleaned up at the moment Kanashimi." Reiji smiled, bushing Kanashimi's hair out of face with his fingers, unhooking  the chain linked eyepatch, he could not help but stare into Kanashimi's eyes, he found the two toned eye colors rather pretty, and rather different, it was something he never seen before.