I Wanna Party

The Next Day

Kathryn's pov

"Hi Kathryn" Ryan greets

"Hello Mr Young, you look incredibly happy today, almost as if you're in love or something" I say with a teasing smile. He goes slightly red.

"I'm not in love, I'm just in a good mood" He denies as wipes a slight bit of sweat from his brow

"Whatever you say, loverboy" I tease (You can call me a bully, I don't care. I love it mwahaha). We notice a customer come through the door and head towards us.

"You wanna do this or should I?" I ask him

"We could double team her" Ryan replies, I give him a look

"Mr Young, how dare you say that I'm in a happy relationship, what kind of friend are you" I say dramatically, Ryan rolls his eyes and I laugh. We see the customer and send her on her way, I turn the sign on the door to closed as it's our lunch break. I turn to Ryan with a sly smile.

"I know something about you" I sing to him

"Oh yeah, what?" He challenges, I smirk at him

"I know who you like" I say my smirk widening, Ryan quietly gulps nervously  (Geez I'm not gonna murder him or spill his little secret)

"I don't like anyone" He argues, I give him a look

"Oh yeah, so what was with the gulp huh?" I question (I could be a detective with perception like that) 

"My throat was dry, I really don't like anybody" Ryan says

"Come on Noah, I know you like Mackenzie" I deadpan, Ryan tenses and stares at me wide-eyed.

"What? cat got your tongue?" I ask jokingly, he tries to speak but all that comes out is a little squeak (Aww he's like a kid)

"Noah and Makenzie, sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g..." I sing teasingly, Ryan puts his hand over my mouth to stop my singing.

"1. Stop singing that you sound like a child and 2. Please don't say anything" Ryan pleads, I send him a wink and smile

"Don't say anything about what?" Mackenzie asks we quickly jump apart (When did she get here, I didn't even hear the door. Am I going deaf... Orr has Mackenzie got superpowers and can teleport)

"Oh hi Mackenzie, um, I was just pleading with Kathryn to stop telling me about her private time with Adam" Ryan lies (Oh you naughty boy bad relationships are built on lies), I send Mackenzie an Innocent smile and rest my head on my hands.

"What can I say, I just like to let my friends know what's going on in my life" I joke 

"Where is everybody?" Mackenzie asks, I look around and shrug

"Oh, Noah and I murdered them all" I joke, Mackenzie gives me a look.

"They're in the back baking and cooking, as you can see we put the two best looking workers out front" I say truthfully this time, Mackenzie rolls her eyes at me and frowns my way.

"You're unbelievable" Mackenzie insults I grab hold of one of the crocodile cookies and hold it up to my face

"Aww, Mackenzie, turn that frown upside down" I tease her, Mackenzie tries her best to scowl but ultimately fails and cracks a smile (I know my humour is amazing, I should really be a comedian).

"Anyway as much as I'd love to stay and listen to Kathryn tell more jokes, but my shift is over and I have something really important to do, so uh bye" Ryan says quickly and takes his apron off, hangs it up, he goes to rush past me but I grab his arm and bring him in for a hug.