Slughorn was cut off as the door swung open as Harry and Ron entered. I glanced at Harry with surprise as he gave me a big grin.

I heard a small giggle to my left as I turned to see Romilda Vane and Lavender Brown smiling widely at Harry and Ron.

I narrowed my eyes at Romilda, who was nearly drooling as she stared at Harry.

"Harry, my boy, I've been beginning to worry. You brought someone with us, I see."

"Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions. A menace, actually. So, I'm probably just gonna-"

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out," Slughorn said lightly as he turned to look back at the class.

"I'm sorry, sir, I haven't actually got my book yet and nor is Ron," Harry spoke up loudly.

"Not to worry, get what you want from the cupboard." Slughorn motioned towards the wooden drawer at the other end of the classroom.

I hid my laugh as Ron and Harry began fighting over the books in the cabinet.

"Now as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss-?"

"Granger, sir. That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum," Hermione said as she pointed at the second pot. "And that would be Polyjuice Potion. It's terribly tricky to make."

"Excellent and this is?" Professor Slughorn asked as he opened a cauldron.

The smell of cinnamon and sandalwood filled the room as Ron and Harry quickly made their way towards us.

"That's Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example, I smell freshly mown grass, new parchment, and-" Hermione paused as she whispered out the last part. "Spearmint toothpaste."

I hid my grin as she was clearly describing Ron. Hermione quickly stepped back and widened her eyes at me.

"Well, it smells like you in here," Harry whispered into my ear as he stood inches behind me.

I turned to look at Harry standing behind me, a smirk on his face.

"Well, what do I smell like?" I teased as I turned my attention back to Slughorn.

"Vanilla and something floral."

"I changed my lotion a couple days ago," I whispered back as Slughorn continued talking. "Roses."

"Mhm. That's it."

Harry rested his head on my shoulder, his arm traveling to my waist as my breath hitched.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible, but it does cause powerful infatuation or obsession," Slughorn rambled on as I attempted to focus, Harry's hand resting on my hip.

I watched as Romilda Vane and Lavender Brown inched towards the potion. I glared at her back as I saw her sneak another glance at Harry.

"And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." Professor Slughorn closed the lid to the cauldron as the two girls stepped back.

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one," Katie Bell said as she pointed towards a small vial holding a clear liquid.

"Oh yes!" Slughorn reached over to unscrew the vial. "What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion, known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly known referred to as—"