"hello, are you even listening."

"huh"

"clearly not" he groans. His jaw line getting more tense.

"are you thinking about Knox again?"

"how did y-"

"i know everything about you."

Because of my thoughts I didn't notice that we are almost at the camp on the east side, General Triden said that it would be in a large building, but I haven't really thought much about where I am going, because I trusted that Blake would take me to the right place. Actually, the only thing I can see right now are actually buildings, Blake brought me here because it's the fastest way.

Everybody knows that in the city are the most zombies, but Blake isn't really afraid, I mean he has a machine gun, not because much could happen anyway. And besides, we are on a street beside the main street, I hear growling, but they are not as loud because it isn't close. It's still dark outside, but if we were on a rooftop, we would have been able to see the horizon turn lighter, than it was before.

"you shouldn't be so distracted by your own thoughts, is everything okay" I choose just to nod as response, no matter what I would have said he would have come with a response that would have annoyed me.

I hear growling and I am immediately pushed back, pressed against the wall, one of Blakes hand on my mouth, the other arm pushed against my shoulder, holding me back. I stare into his eyes, he is obviously not staring at me, but around the building to see the zombies. Fuck him honestly, why does he keep thinking he needs to save me.

I don't need him or any men to save me, that's the problem with being here, there is no women, and so automatically everybody sees me as weak and stupid, I am sure I could knock them all out.

I take both of Blakes arms, and push them away from me, stomping away angrily.

"you are going the wrong way."

Mariah's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

I wake up, this time Noah isn't in Katies bed, but I am not surprised since Katie is not in there herself. She had her night shift, I don't know if it is still necessary to have night shifts, but whatever.

I decide to stand up, but it's not the only thing that I am surprised by this morning, Leo didn't came to wake me up today, that must mean that I am one of the first to wake up.

I take my leather jacket from the chair placed by my bed, and go out of the curtain door, I see the receptionist being empty, what are they up too? I can't even see Katie sit on the ground by the door to hold watch.

I walk to Leos room, I look behind the curtain door, just to get surprised.

"surprise" I hear mostly Brandon's and Katies voice, but I see everybody yell it out.

"surprise for what?"

"well, I tracked the days of the calendar, and it's your birthday" Katie said.

"omg, wait how do you know when my birthday is?"

"I stole your file back at the orphanage, did you really think I won't have looked into you?"

That little bitch, she really did that, I am not even surprised, Hua walks up to me, just to give me a hug and then pressing a little shopping bag.

"what's that?" I ask Hua.

"A little gift."

I, like the child I am, open the bag immediately, to look at the gift I got, I pull out a little belt, but it's not just a belt, but a belt, with knifes in them.

"i thought that you would love to have some throwing knifes too" Hua says with an insecure but still soft smile.

"thank you" I give her one more hug.

"Hua don't take all the credit, I was the one who was fighting with a Z to get that" Levi exclaims, I just laugh as a respond.

"and I was the one with the idea" Xiomara says, I actually didn't see her, she is sitting in the back of the room on Brandon's bed, I only see her sit, it must me really heavy carrying a child.

I give Xiomara a thank you hug, and for one second, I consider giving one too Levi too.

"don't expect me to hug your stinky ass."

Almost everybody has by now left the room, not me and Katie though, am I getting a gift from her too? It wont surprise me if she waited till the end, I am sure she wants to hide how much she loves me.

"oh, don't expect anything from me, we can go out and I can give you a rock" she snaps at me.

I just pretend to be a part of mean girls, and turn dramatically around with my eyes closed, Katie taps at my shoulder, and I turn around. One of her hands is lifted, into a fist, a necklace hanging down of it.

"I thought it would be personal to give you that, but now that I think about it, I should have given you something more useful." she says it in a really insecure way, it's funny to see Katie being insecure about something like that.

It has a silver chain on it, with a withering rose as the charm. I love it.

"oh, my fucking god" I hear Xiomara yell from outside the room, and both Katie and I run towards where we heard the yell from, Hua and Brandon where already there before us, and now looking at Xiomara I notice a pit of water beneath her feet.

"What? Did you pee yourself? I'm sure it's normal during a preg-" Luna cuts me off.

"gosh her water broke!" Luna says and I nod in understanding before realization kicks in and my eyes go wide.

The others arrive just seconds later. Luna is the only one reacting, probably because we others are shocked and don't know what to do.

"get her to my room, the restroom is closest to my room" Brandon and Levi take her away.

"Mariah and Hua get me some wet and dry towels."

Luna doesn't say more and is walking to her room,

"Katie, bring me alcohol and a knife. Don't forget a medical kit" it's the last thing I hear, as I walk further in the store, to get some towels, now I need to get some water too. I hurry up and get some, not wanting to waste time.

......................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1790