𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐒 𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐍

𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠𝙨

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 disgusting, but he only had himself to blame for it. The air pollution was horrendous due to all the fires and factories that littered the island. He forgot how bad it actually was here on the Isle and he couldn't help but feel guilty about it. He had the power to help change this or at least prevent it while Beast commanded for all the villains to be banished here and for the barrier to be placed and yet, he did nothing. He was too afraid to go against the King and he will always hate himself for it.

Genie took a deep breath. He crossed his arms before turning to look at the man kneeling a couple of feet away from him. He was standing in front of a cave on the Isle, waiting for someone to arrive. Beast had given notice of his arrival with Chernabog and commanded the services of a former protector. He hoped that they received the letter because Beast had one of the soldiers deliver it, but this place was unpredictable at times.

This was an in-and-out mission. As soon as he saw the soldier return he would place the enchanted prison in the cave, keeping Chernabog completely chained up without any chance of moving and they would leave together, forgetting about everything they saw here. He already placed the bars and had the Devil chained up, Y/N's former bracelets still wrapped around his wrists as a safety precaution.

Minutes went by and the guard that Beast had sent out with Genie hadn't returned yet and the curly-haired man was starting to worry. He had direct orders and instructions to follow and he didn't want to break them, but then again, Genie was never really one to follow them. He was supposed to wait an hour and if the soldier didn't return he would have to enchant the prison and leave the guard on the Isle. The soldier had fifteen minutes, but Genie refused to leave him. He would rather enchant the cave and go looking for the missing guard.

"Thanks for waiting, Guardian," a voice called out from behind him, causing Genie to exhale in relief.

Genie chuckled and turned to face the brown-haired guard. "You know I don't like leaving people behind, no matter what Beasty says."

The curly-haired man raised both of his hands, surrounding them in blue magic before blasting the cave entrance, blue powder travelling through the cave and out, cleansing it and prepping it for anything that Chernabog might try. He knew what this monster was capable of and he refused to make any mistakes this time. He could only pray to the Gods that luck was on his side and the Devil would never see the light of day, again.

"Alright, my trusty travel companion, there's a party happening on Auradon and I want to get there before all the good stuff is gone." Genie clapped his hands together, rubbing them against each other as a smirk appeared on his face.

The guard chuckled. "Alright, big man." They gently patted Genie's back as they both started walking back toward the barrier.

A hooded figure watched them from on top of the roof of a nearby factory. Typically, they never left their house on the Isle, but because of the unwanted visitor, they received they would now be forced to leave the house at least three times a day to check in on the man-baby that was being held captive in the cave below them.

They didn't understand why, exactly, they were doing this. Chernabog ruined their life and Beast only worsened it and even after all these years, she still held resentment against the former King of Auradon. Subcousicly, she placed a hand over her stomach, a habit she developed many, many years ago as they glared at the cave. They were planning on staying as far away as possible for as long as they could and only go check on him when necessary. She gripped the crystal that was hanging from her neck, a sigh escaping her lips as she stood up, turning away from the cave and starting to walk back to her house.