𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐅 𝐈 𝐅 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍

𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜

𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐎𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐘/𝐍'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒 he dragged her along with him and Genie. A small smile appeared on his face as he took small glances at Y/N from over his shoulder, noticing her confused demeanour. His grasp tightened on her hand as he felt a warm sensation travel through him. He felt happy, for some odd reason. Hanging out with the girl he met only four days ago always plastered a smile on his face, no matter what they were doing. It was like she cast a spell on him to always feel happy whenever he saw her face; it was strange.

Y/N looked between the men in front of her, her brows scrunched together in confusion. "I thought I was supposed to be training, right now?"

"Aren't you from the Isle? I thought you liked breaking the rules?" Nakoa smirked as he stopped walking to look at the girl behind him.

Y/N opened her mouth to respond, but nothing came out as she tried coming up with a comeback to his comment. Of course, she loves breaking the rules, no matter what they are and who created them. Hades, even Chernabog's rules didn't even stand a chance against her and Jay, but here, they needed to act like Angels. Rule-breaking wasn't an option, right now. Being sent back to the Isle, right now, wasn't an option for them.

She licked her lips nervously as she looked down at the ground, trying to form a coherent thought. "Touché." She mentally punched herself as the word left her tongue. Was that seriously the best thing she could come up with?

Genie grinned as he watched the two interact. It was nice watching them become friends. It reminded him of someone he knew and of the relationship he formed with them. He didn't know Y/N, personally, but from what he's seen these past few days was that she was reserved and kept to herself most times. So, seeing her interact with people outside of her friend group made a smile appear on his face. As for Nakoa, he knew that he would rather fight the Hydra than have any form of social interaction and, to be quite frank, the older man couldn't blame him; people could be exhausting sometimes.

"If my memory serves me correctly, which it usually doesn't, there should be a tourney game happening in about an hour." Genie looked down at the watch on his wrist, a slight smirk appearing on his face as he glanced at both teens, waiting for their reactions.

Y/N froze. The words that Genie had just spoken were processing, slowly, in her mind. She started thinking back to a few minutes ago when Jay had asked her a similar question. She wanted to go and she wanted to support him and Carlos, but there was something that was preventing her from moving. She's never really taken into account other peoples' feelings, even when she was little, but something about going outside while another school was there wasn't settling well with her and she couldn't figure out why.

It may have been fear of the way they'll react. Jay was looking forward to this game and she didn't want to ruin it because the other team forfeited. After all, she was present in the stands. Scenario after scenario was running on a loop in her head, making her scrunch her brows together in discomfort. This was all so new to her and she didn't have any time to adjust. Of course, change was always happening around her, but this new environment wasn't really helping her case.

But when did she ever care about any of this?

"I-I don't think that that's a good idea." Y/N chuckled as she pulled her hand away from Nakoa's.

The black-haired boy looked back at her. "What do you mean?"

A small frown had appeared on his face. He wanted Y/N to come to his game; it was his very last tourney game. Naturally, Y/N wasn't aware of this because they were only acquaintances and nothing more and, for some reason, he didn't like that. He wanted to know her. From the smallest little detail of her life to the strangest thing she's ever looked at. He didn't care. Bringing her to the tourney game was a way he could slowly start bringing her into his world and introducing her to some of the things most people in Auradon love. It didn't matter what you looked like or where you were from in Auradon; tourney brought everyone in the kingdom together and that was one of the many reasons why he loves the game.