CHAPTER 54 : Finding Out

Start from the beginning

"No! Ethan loves you and he'll love the baby!" 

"Do you think the baby's alright? I haven't been taking care of it. I didn't take any special vitamins or anything. What if there's something wrong with the baby? I only knew about it now."

"We don't know, Hayles, but we'll go the doctors tomorrow." 

"Okay." 

"Do you want to call Ethan?" 

"No, I want to tell him when he's really here. I want it to be special too." 

The next day, Paul and Justin took me to the hospital. We didn't tell Elli or his parents though. I wanted Eth to be the first one to know about the baby. Even though I didn't know if it was a boy or a  girl yet, I already loved it and I wasn't going to get rid of it. 

"Hayley Moore," the nurse called and I stood up. 

"Come with me," I said to Paul and Justin, holding my hand out for any of them to take. Paul took one and Justin took the other. Together, we followed the nurse who had called my name. 

"Just take a seat and the doctor will be with you in a minute." 

I sat down on the bed and soon, the door opened. The doctor came in with a clipboard. He came to my side and he introduced himself to me. We shook hands and we started with the check up. 

"So, which one of you is the father?" he asked Paul and Justin. 

"None of them, the father's out of town at the moment." 

"Oh, well, I say."

"Doctor, can I ask for a favor?" 

"Sure, what is it?" 

"Well, the father is Ethan Parker, you know, the son of the owners of this hospital and I was wondering if you didn't tell them about this. I want to be the one to tell them." 

"Of course, I understand that," he replied happily. "So, let's get this check up started with." 

The doctor did a few tests, feeling my stomach and everything. It took almost 30 minutes and Paul and Justin were with me the whole time. I was happy that they were and I was really grateful. At the end, the doctor had a list of things I had to do and get. 

"So, everything's going great and your baby is healthy. It's growing really well. I want you to come back in a month. You can make an appointment at the receptionist. Also, I want you to get prenatal vitamins for yourself. I already made a list. All you need to do is go to the pharmacy and pick it up. I already called in about it." 

"Okay, thank you so much, doctor." 

"You're welcome. Don't worry about Mr. and Mrs. Parker." 

"Thanks again, doctor."

Paul and Justin also thanked the doctor. We went to the reception and I made my next appointment for next month. Then, we went to the pharmacy and picked up the vitamins. After we finished picking everything up, we all went back to Paul's apartment.

When we went inside, Midnight started barking and he started hugging my legs. I picked him up and hugged him to me. I sat down on the couch while Justin and Paul started moving around the kitchen. I set Midnight down next to me and he started licking my stomach. It was like he knew there was a baby in there. 

"What are you guys making?" I asked Paul and Justin. 

"Some sandwiches. We're kind of hungry." 

"Oh, okay, good. I'm hungry too." 

I stood up and made my way to the counter. Midnight followed me. I sat down on one of the stools and watched the guys. I was getting really worried. What would Eth think about the baby? Would he want to keep it? Would he want to be a part of its life?