Chapter 14

"Yup. I'm on my way there."

Yuna smiled widely as she ended the phone call. She gripped the hem of her shirt, hopping slightly as excitement ate her up. Good news have arrived after knowing that her close cousin is in Korea, wanting to have a bonding time with her.

Yuna's parents were killed by someone unknown when she was a child, leaving that close cousin of hers to give her allowance and money to support herself as she lives in the orphanage with the help of the nuns.

The thought of finally seeing her cousin in person made Yuna giggle out of gladness, not really noticing that she is walking on a pathway where no people really go to.

The night is cold and silent but it became more terrifying as she walked inside the alleyway; dark, cold, and terrifying. Chirps of birds resonated around it and her steps cam be heard loud and clear due to the silence.

With a few steps ahead, no light can be seen even if the moon shines brightly during the night. It was as if she was deep inside a forest where different sounds of rustling and scraping can be heard.

She didn't know why but she kept walking forward, wanting to know the end of the alleyway to meet her cousin that she longed to meet.

Few and gentle footsteps can be heard not far from her which gave her ease, knowing that she is with someone now. Just then, shadows of three large and bulky men appeared in front of her. Their silhouettes appeared to be more terrifying than a hungry lion, ready to eat its prey.

"Oh~ What do we have here?"

...

"Is everything alright?" Hyejin rubbed Jisung's back.

Jisung shook his head upon hearing her question, pouting his lips on his tattooed wrist that continued to shake involuntarily. Hyejin furrowed her eyebrows and stared at his tattoo that alternately turns into a terrifying color of black then back to where it is outlined in gold.

"Hey- Are you- Jeno! Help!"

Jisung's lips quivered in pain, veins bulging on his temple as he stopped the urge to scream. He didn't know why it hurt a lot more than the last time. In fact, no one knew the reason why he's like that. It's their first time to see his tattoo to alternate colors in seconds.

Upon hearing Hyejin's scream, all of them went out of their rooms and ran to the kitchen where they both were. Renjun followed behind with the same old rusty book he held before the curse was placed to Jisung.

"I-I don't know what to do to him!"

All of them panicked and Haechan quickly ran outside to start the engine of his car, ready to drive Jisung to the hospital. He pressed the horn of his car loudly to alert everyone in bringing Jisung inside the vehicle.

Renjun furrowed his eyebrows and ran after them while flipping the pages one by one, some of it were even torn because of his aggressiveness together with the fragile state of the book.

Hyejin and Haerin helped in bringing Jisung to the car yet they did not go with them since their boyfriends did not want them to worry more than they should about Jisung.

"Haechan, drive faster!"

"I know! I just can't crash the cars in front of me, you know!?"

Renjun bit his lips in anxiousness, reading every page related to the curse, wanting to find out how and what is happening on his younger friend. With one last turn of page, he whispered all the words written on it for it to enter his mind.

"Jisung is going to pass out! You have to go faster!"

"I can't! I may cause an accident!"

"The color alternative." Renjun whispered.