• black and white

inspired by the song black and white by Niall Horan 

"Enemies to lovers," can be phrased as, "lovers to enemies." Though the two wouldn't describe themselves as that.

They met at a dance on equal and peaceful terms. Though that peace was meant as a pause in their longing war, it also brought out a new perspective to both sides.

To Fundy, Dream wasn't exactly all that heartless and fearless, he was human and actually had a mind that worked further than just technical. There was still more that he wanted to get to know.

To Dream, Fundy was... indescribable. Wits clearly didn't come from his fathers side, and a charm of just— Dream was in complete awe of his confidence, not once feeling alone in his presence.

And so, despite their differences and complications of being on two opposing sides, Dream and Fundy decided that things stay the same during the day, because when the lights go down, they dance.

"So..." Dream started.

The two stood underneath the glow of the torchlight. Both cheeks dusted in a light blush, their cheeks maybe hurting from the nonstop smile that stretched on their lips but neither noticed nor cared.

Fundy's heart felt like he was going to burst. There was something unspoken between them that he wanted to confront. He leaned in, wrapping his arm around Dream's neck and kissing his lips. Fire spread between them as they stepped closer to absorb the warmth. They stood there for a moment longer, before pulling away. Dream looked down, a smile ghosted his lips and a whisper left them in a heated blush.

"...do you want to come inside?" Dream asked. Fundy nodded before Dream took his hand and he followed him through.

Fundy felt the engagement ring against his fingers when they ran in. His heart was pounding as Dream gripped his waist and spun him around into his arms. Leaning into a dip, it was the perfect opportunity to peck him on the lips and see the red become an almost permanent shade on his lover's face.

Fundy thought of them dancing in black and white, while the stars were clear and illuminating the night. From the blush on his husband's face to the green in his eyes, he knew that he'd promise to love him for the rest of his life.

Dream donned in a black suit, a smile wider than the one printed on his mask. The tips of dark blond hair tickled Fundy's forehead as he looked down on him from their dip. From their first date to now, Fundy always still managed to sneak in that little peck.

And when bringing Fundy back up, Dream would lean his head into the crook of his, now husband's, neck. Like how they were back at one of their dates, after Dream pulled Fundy into his home. Fundy wrapping an arm around his partner while the other would take no hesitation in curling up to him. Maybe sharing a drink or too, not really mattering in terms that what they felt didn't need to be exposed by intoxication.

And they think of the future, planning far ahead, whatever to keep the night going. Fundy talks about kids while Dream nods along. "One or two?" He'd ask but with dreams as large as Fundy's, it wouldn't hurt to think bigger.

Age sixty-five, still cuddled up to one another, asking, "when did they first know?" but they always knew. Thinking back to the time where they once donned black and white, staying awake past the sunrise to give a break to their secret rendezvous. Because they had finally said "I do."

Everything seeming so perfect, whether their friends or family will be there is something they'll figure out later, but for now, it was Fundy, Dream, and the starlit night.