• cock it and pull it

The place where the sun never shined. That's where Fundy spent his days. Usually slumped back in the corner of the old saloon and drank himself to sleep if he could. He'd soon wake up and stumble himself towards the blacksmith. His half-assed commissions were what paid for his next drink after all.

Many would cough and spit ill intended words his way, he'd swallow them and choke them down as he loaded the barrel of his gun.

"Uh, excuse me," Fundy would start. His gaze focused on the nervous eyes across from him. All they wanted was new tools for their likely dying farm. "I said the price was ten. You only gave me five, half of what was negotiated." His undeterred smirk and gun cocked under the counter normally made his customers cough up the remaining costs, though some did try to complain about the poor job put into their request. Those few, however, learned to shut their mouths up quickly.

Reputation was big in a small town of day and night. Where the only necessities were sleep, drink, and gunfights— Fundy learned not to be the one who ended up on the wrong end of a barrel. Bar fights were a no brainer, rather than engaging in the idea of a showdown, he would use his use of profession to spare his life. Coward? Yes. Willing to die yet? No.

Fundy was no bluff, if he threatened to shoot a hole through someone's head, he wouldn't miss. He could fare better in that town than one would think.

That was until a new face appeared, well mostly. Tall, lower portion of the face covered by a dirty bandana, he was as mysterious as any ghost story told down by the fire. Fresh blood was in town.

He dropped a gun on the counter in front of him, it landed with a loud thunk. A pouch of coins fallen next to it. "It's jammed and barrel is loose," he said.

Fundy took the weapon in his hands and fiddled with individual pieces. Not a hard job, he thought, definitely not for how much he's paying. He'd take the job and rip off all in one. He slid the pouch off the counter and into his lap, all the while pulling out the supplies to take care of the firearm.

He looked over at the stranger, they stood there watching him.