𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Yeah..."

"And it's purple."

Seemingly slightly taken aback at first, Rory just stared at Kol, her mouth open the slightest bit, as Kol grinned at her, clearly proud of himself. But the girl quickly composed of herself and turned her face back towards her computer, completely failing at hiding her own smile.

"You are....." Rory leaned in closer to the computer in anticipation. "Slytherin!"

Kol fell into silence as he processed the information before he turned his full body towards Rory, his arms crossed over his chest, clearly looking offended, "What's that supposed to mean?" In truth, he really didn't know what any of these words actually meant.

"Oh, come on. Stop being such a drama queen. It's a good thing! It means you are cunning an ambitious," Rory reasoned with him.

"Ugh, I already knew that. I didn't need to take a damn test to know that."

"But you had fun didn't you?"

"Oh yes, tons of fun."

"You're impossible, you know that?" Rory said. Though, there was a smile on her face. The both of them just tended to have a smile on their own face when they were with each other. But neither were complaining. They liked seeing each other's smiles.

But the longer Kol stared at Rory, the quicker his own smile fell. Not in a bad way. Not in any way that he was thinking about leaving her. Nothing of that sort. But in a way of which he was thinking. Thinking about what this girl had told him only days prior. Only days before she had said few words that his own mind couldn't even wrap around.

Neither of them talked about it. Rory didn't feel a need to. What was said, was done, and she knew fully well she said it. She wanted nothing more than to say it back to him. But Kol on the other hand was being consumed with thoughts of every possible outcome that could even remotely happen. 

From her lying, to a strange alien creature inhabiting her body and forcing her to do things to allow the alien to suck a life source out of someone. 

It was just such a foreign concept to him, that it was like a whole new language being spoken to him. But little did he know, that Rory herself has never used those words before to anyone else either. Her own childhood was ripped out from beneath herself, and even when she tried to persevere, sometimes things just didn't work out the way she would of hoped.

"Who am I to you?" Kol blurted out, breaking through that silence, unable to contain his own self. His hands were resting upon his chest, fidgeting with his fingers as he forced himself to look at her, scared of what her response could possibly be.

"What do you mean?"

He then paused again. In a moment to make a strong attempt to sort through his own words. Kol was never a guy who ever came to a loss of words. He was never one to have to yield unto a state of vulnerability. But somehow, with Rory, things were different. Things were always different with her.

Rory, had an idea of what he could be talking about, but also, had absolutely no clue.

"Well, did you really mean it when you--" Kol paused again, cringing at his own words. But when he scanned Rory's face, it didn't seem as though she were going to make fun of him. Her brows were furrowed as she looked at him, almost as if she were worried. Kol could almost laugh at that. Why would she be the one to worry?

"When I what?"

"When you said you loved me?"

His words came out in a solid whisper. Kol was scared at first that she didn't even hear what he said, but from the look on her face, she seemed to of heard. And when she remained quiet, Kol was sure that in that moment, maybe it was just a line of false words spewing out like folktale. Rory was completely drained. She wasn't in the right head space.

But Kol's own thoughts were cut through when Rory broke into a grin, letting out a small laugh, "Of course I meant it!" She said softly, but her smile the faltered the slightest bit as she saw his reaction, "Did you think I was lying?"

"I- well..."

Rory could see the uncertainty in his eyes. The way they gleamed in an instance where a wall was put up in preparation for her to simply turn her back on him, just as so many had before, and leave him for dead. She could almost even laugh at the idea of her lying to him. Not only lying to him. But lying to him about that?

She made a quick movement, and took the computer from off her lap and set it down on the bed right beside her. After, she moved closer to Kol. He had even taken it upon himself to move himself closer to her, so now they are facing one another, their knees touching.

"I mean it," Rory told him, her own eyes roaming his face. Not a single trace of uncertainty or dishonesty could be heard in her voice. And Kol believed her. Because she loved him. She truly did.

"I will always mean it."

Kol stared at her. The way her cheek was dimpling up the faintest of bit with her soft, closed-lip smile, and her light emerald eyes staring right back at him. He took no time in moving his face towards her, and closing the distance in between their lips.

In their kiss, Kol brought his hands hands up, holding either cheek in between them, and Rory brought up a single delicate hand up to Kol's cheek. It felt nice. His hands were soft. Her hands were cold.

And when they broke apart at the same time, Kol admired her flushed cheeks, as Rory began to laugh at his messed up hair.

"You promise?" He asked her.

"I promise."

"I promise too."

And then, without even thinking, Kol wrapped his arms completely around her middle, falling backwards onto the bed, laughter spilling out of both of their mouths. It felt as if nothing could go wrong.

Kol was lying completely on top of Rory, his arms still wrapped tightly around her.

"Kol, get off me!" she said in the middle of her own laughter, attempting to push him off, but failing, "You're heavy!"

Kol moved upwards, to where he was simply just sitting on her, pretending to act as if she were offending him, "Are you calling me fat?"

"No, I'm not-"

"Yes you are."

At that point, Rory had given up her struggling, and simply let Kol fall right back on top of her, the two of them hugging each other in the process. 

In that moment, it was just Kol and Rory.

Aurora Salvatore herself was always able to write about the most beautiful of things. She could describe anything ethereal in our existing plane, having no limit. No limit as to what she could imagine, what she could create in her mind. She could imagine it all, fabricating another realism into her world. Creating a new sense of person.

That is all up until Kol Mikaelson came. Came and almost ate her that is.

In Rory's mind, he was unlikely to capture. No word could ever compare to the way she felt about him. There was never a way to lay him down on a sheet of paper. Sure, she tried. Who wouldn't?

She loved the way when he laughed, he would laugh with his whole body. She loved that he would always silently curse himself when he messed up a piano key or melody. She loved when he pretended not to enjoy the little things in life, but secretly was his favorite thing. She just loved him.

It was strange, feeling this way about someone else.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

hey besties

i know this one is short, but it really is all just kol and rory together. nothing else.

#KORY
#KORY
#KORY
#KORY

it's fair to say that i am quite attached to both of them at this point.

have a wonderful day
-ef