Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Savvyn

My head was killing me . It felt as if I woke up from a horrible hangover. I rubbed my eyes as I woke myself up. I saw that I wasn't in my house , and this started to make my heart race again. The room I was in was somewhat a little shabby. It was hot and there was a window unit blasting nothing but hot air. There really wasn't much in the room. I was in a bed and , there was a steel door a few feet in front of it. It was only one window , and it was nailed up with wood. I started to remember some of what happened to me last night. Which was being drugged by some kidnapper. Who knows what happened to me while I was knocked out. The steel door opened slowly and I didn't know what to expect. But it was definitely someone unexpected...

My Father.

"Your awake." he said , smiling somewhat. I wasn't sure if I was imagining things or if I was dreaming.

"Dad? " I asked softly. he walked over and sat down on the foot of the bed. I was really emotional at that moment . I didn't really know how to feel or what to say . I was just happy that I wasn't in the hands of a deranged person.

"After last night , I had to come out of hiding. There was no way in hell I would've let them take you ."

"What do you mean?"

"The guy who drugged you , he's apart of Elizabeth's cartel. They're trying to sabotage me indirectly so that I will come out of hiding. But I just can't go back there."

"How long have you been here ?" He looked so different, he's definitely aged some but , its something about him that was off.

"For several months now. I wanted to contact you to let you know I was alive but , that would've been too risky."

"He was right..." Rayan was right and I didn't really believe him at first.

"Who ??" he asked , handing me a cup of water.

"Rayan ... he told me you were alive but-"

"How does he know that ?" His eyes widened in slight horror.

"I'm not sure ." I started drinking the cup of water.

" Be careful around him ... he could be setting you up. "

"Rayan wouldn't do that... I trust him dad."

" Just don't want you getting hurt babygirl." I stretched and stood from the bed. Seeing my purse and shoes beside it.

"Did you ever read the letter from your mom? " he asked , smiling devishly. A quick flashback of him giving me the letter went through my mind and I instantly knew what he was talking about.

" Yeah, it really helped with my college funds, I'm saving the rest of it for emergencies . " I looked at my phone seeing that it was 7 am. I needed to get back to my car.

"Unfortunately I can't drop you off at your destination." he said automatically , as if he read my mind . I rose my eyebrow.

"So how am I going to get back to my car?"

"Walk, its good excersise ." he chuckled.

"Really ?" I shook my head and gave a breathy laugh as he guided me to the door. I gave him a tight hug , and I went on my way. He was in the slums but I knew how to find my way out. Luckily , my job wasn't that far away.

Once there, I found that my key was still under the car. I unlocked the door and hopped in , I drove my way home. finding a black lexus in the driveway, so I had to park across the street. Surprisingly , I didn't find any suspicion from it. I got out my car and headed inside. Clothes were scattered all throughout the living area. As I was heading upstairs, I started seeing female clothes that werent mine. My anger began to increase and I got very anxious. I quietly walked to the door of the bedroom, hearing muffled voices.