The portal door shuts and the two fall to their knees. Aero cries.

"I can't do it....I'm gonna fail mom..."

Sam and Tucker push Danny up the front steps of Aero's house.

"What if her dad yells at me?"

"Do you want a girlfriend or not?" Sam asks.

Danny sighs and knocks. Aero's dad opens it with a dark expression and Danny gulps.

"Oh hey...Mr. Elkins."

He blinks and realizes who's at the door.

"Oh, it's you three. Sorry."

They blink as he rubs the bridge of his nose.

"Uh, you okay Mr. E? You look horrible."

Sam elbows Tucker.

"Ow!"

Mr. Elkins gestures for them to come in.

"Here, I'll make you guys drinks and explain. I doubt Aero will come out from her room."

The three sit, mouths agape, as Mr. Elkins finishes telling them what happened.

"So whatever the government implanted in her, is draining her?"

"Yes, and using her powers makes it worse. The only way to find her is Aero."

Sam slams her hand on the table.

"That sucks! The government should've seen that your wife was not dangerous at all. They didn't even give her a chance, instead just trapped her somewhere in the ghost zone!"

"Sadly the ones that did it to her, aren't the ones in charge of the ghost program now...or never were."

The three blink.

"You don't think it was the government?"

"When they came down for Danny earlier this year, they were different... they seemed to not fully know what they're doing, compared to what my wife dealt with."

"So you think it's some other organization?" Danny questions.

Aero's dad sips his tea.

"Possibly. Other than you, Danny. My wife was actually the first publicly known ghost."

"Really?"

Her dad smiles and hands them an old newspaper. Aero's my mom was on the cover.

"Wow, Aero's shown me pictures of her before, but I've never seen her ghost form. She's beautiful." Sam remarks.

Aero's dad chuckles and rubs his neck.

"Yep, gorgeous as always. But you guys really thought Danny was the first one to ever take down ghosts who split from the ghost zone? My wife wanted something different, she didn't want to sit back and watch humans & ghosts fight. So she became the in-between. Apparently the government, or whoever they were, didn't like that. They wanted all ghosts gone. Sadly being full ghost didn't help her."

Danny blinks.

"Are you saying that since I'm half ghost, that's why the government hasn't caught me yet?"

He nods.

"My wife had no records, nothing to link her here. Even though she did her best to blend in, using her powers to counter that, it didn't stop them."

"But these guys... Why use the government as a cover up? They aren't good ghost hunters!" Sam replies.

"Maybe because the government doesn't deals with ghosts, until they feel like an actual threat. These guys wanted my wife gone, so a cover up was used. The government, that I've noticed, doesn't like when someone steps up to take down ghosts for them, like Danny, so they'll fight back."