The unexpected

"Can you stop playing the music?" She asked holding an annoyed face.

"What's that look supposed to mean? I worked the whole day to satisfy your frustration of something else and now I offered you a ride back home. Am I not even allowed to play music in "my" car from "my" music system?"

I ranted and sighed. She looked at me speechless, from what I could tell from her expressions.

"It's late, can't you drive any faster" she said after a few minutes.

I pursed my lips and stamped hard on the peddle. Not too long I'd accelerated, the vehicle squanked a few times before it came to an interuppted stop.

"What! What's wrong?" She asked looking puzzled after the car pulled off to an unexpected halt in the middle of the road.

"Listen, easy headed Princess, that, even I'm not aware unless I check so let me have a look first" I said and got down the car.

The front bonnet flung open as I tried to figure out what was wrong.

"Hello! Is something happening??" She bellowed from inside the car.

I gave her a pissed look and tried to fix the problem, but it was getting to late. I checked on my watch and it was already half past one mid night.

Thinking about how I'll leave her alone in the middle of the night I decided to take her home by walk. I could even come back in the morning and fix this.

So I closed the bonnet and went to the side of the car.

"Is everything okay? Can we go now?" She asked eagerly.

"Umm... Actually I'm not able to fix it. I don't know what's wrong" I said pursing my lips.

"WHAT??!!"

"But don't worry I'll take you home safely"

"Excuse me? You are gonna take me home despite your car being broken down? How? By flying? Or probably teleportation?" She glared at me.

"I'm sorry. Even I didn't expect this. For now you're safety is more important. Just get out and come with me" I insisted.

"That's why I said I'll go on my own, but who in this world is ready to listen to me? Only the useless confidence of being stunningly hot and handsome, whatever"

I sighed and opened the door, gesturing her to get down. She slowly came out and we began to walk.

"If I knew this was gonna end this way then I wouldn't have even gotten into your car" she ranted with a poker face.

"Trust me, even I wouldn't have offered you a ride if I knew this was gonna happen. So chill."

She looked even the more annoyed and the walk was silent until she sniffed and sneezed loudly.

"Are you catching a cold?" I asked but she scooted far.

"Stop acting like you care. Im fine" she snapped and continued to walk ahead.

I slowly followed her as I grew slightly worried about her health. The night was pitch black and the breeze got icier. It was an old town Street where probably the residents would never help any random strangers who knock their door late hours.

Jisun pov

My nose was starting to become itchy and I sneezed a few times now. I wasn't accustomed to such hardships. Life was always a piece of cake. This climate got me chills as soon as I stepped out of the heater in the car.

I tried to keep my running nose under control but eventually it would leak.

I see him walk behind me and I wondered how he is so strong. Doesn't this weather affect him? Is he not human?

Just then a black leather jacket fell over my shoulder from behind. It still held the warmth of his body and I could smell his scent near its collar.

I stopped in my place abruptly and looked at him.

"Don't catch a cold. You won't be able to work tomorrow" he said.

"Do you really care?" I asked with utmost disbelief on my face.

He smirked and adjusted the jacket to cover me well.
"I can handle myself getting hurt but not you" He said and continued to walk ahead.

Unknowingly I snickered and followed after him.

We breathed fog as we went down the lane. A few lanes to the other side and my house would come.

After that the entire walk was silent. Neither did I speak nor did he ask anything.

When we reached the front gate of my house he looked at me. I should admit his doe eyes that was capable of killing anyone when angry, now looked the most prettiest under the moonlight.

"Go in safely and take some rest. You must be tired" he said with the softest voice I've ever heard.

I nodded and turned to leave

"Jisun"

He called. I stopped and turned around.

"I'm sorry about today. I didn't mean to..."

"It's okay. I'm fine" I replied before he could finish.

He smiled faintly and turned around to leave. But something pulled me back from letting him go.

"Jungkook!"

"Yeah" he looked at me with the same soft doe eyes holding a puzzled look.

"Do you want to sleep here tonight? With me?"