Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜʀᴇᴇ

Start from the beginning

The room suddenly felt really warm.  Genie decisively made the choice to go to sleep now in an attempt to leave this mess of feelings in her dreams.

The next morning wasn't quite the same as the ones previous. She was taken down a different hallway. Something stood out to Genie and she twisted her head to look at it. A red door.  How odd.

When they sat her down in the chair across from Brenner, he pulled something different from his pocket. A small picture of a girl. A familiar girl who's head was shaved almost to the point where she was bald. Her gaze was scared and her nose was dripping with blood. Something clicked in Genie's head and she blurted, "You're using me to find Eleven!"

She wished she hadn't said that as soon as the words escaped her lips. Eleven was supposed to be a mystery to her. If Brenner figured out that she'd been talking to Eleven, she'd be in deep shit.

"What did you say?" He asked darkly, his voice a low hum. Genie bit down on her lip nervously.

"Nothing." She mumbled, shaking her head and leaning back in her chair.  "I didn't say anything."

She stared into Brenner's eyes, channeling any sense of serenity she could find in herself and surrounding him with it.  Hopefully it'd be enough to make him relax about what she'd said.

Fortunately, it worked.  Brenner sat back in his chair and pushed Eleven's picture further towards Genie.  "Find her." He said coolly.

Of course, Genie knew exactly where Eleven was—where ever Mike, Dustin and Lucas were— but she'd never tell Brenner the truth.  Friends don't do that.  Friends protect each other, no matter what.

Genie took the picture nonetheless and closed her eyes.  She had to warn Eleven.

The black place came faster this time. Genie met Eleven almost immediately. He two girls ran towards each other with wide eyes. "Um, El, where are you?" Genie asked, kicking at the watery floor gently. El grimaced.

"The bath." She muttered. Genie tried her best to read between the lines, that was something she learned was often necessary when interpreting whatever El was saying, but she ultimately failed. She didn't ask questions, though. There was no time.

"Alright, um I'm suppose to..." Genie lowered her voice so she was sure only she and El could hear, "Brenner wants me to find you."

El's eyes grew wide, "Papa..." she mumbled. Genie nodded grimly.

"What do I do?" The taller girl asked. She was worried. El stayed silent.

"I have to find someone." She whispered, reaching out and grabbing Genie's wrist. Genie was confused but she followed El through the blackness. Genie almost didn't realize when El had stopped. They were standing over something covered in slime and vines. It took Genie a moment to figure out what it was but when she did a gasp escaped her lips.

"Barb..." El whimpered, her eyes glossing over.

The redhead's skin had turned the colour of stone and her arms were tied to the ground by some slithering, green vines. Her open mouth had slug-like creatures sloshing out of it and all the life had left her eyes.

Genie's hand flew to her mouth, her other hand grasping El's. Genie never knew Barb all that well but this still wasn't a pleasant sight.