"I'm not doing it out of choice you idiot," Jessica replied, shoving his shoulder back playfully.

"She's done it again!" shouted Angelina as she stormed up to the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall with a notice in her hand. Jessica and Fred realised how close they had become and snapped back, each pretending to look at separate things on the table. George just chuckled to himself at them.

"Who?" asked Fred, but Angelina ignored him, her dark complexion reddened with rage. She didn't speak to him now unless absolutely necessary.

"Who's done what?" asked Harry, repeating the question. He, Ron and Hermione had been distracted from their studies and slid down the bench to join Jessica and the twins. Ron and Harry gave the impression they were just aching for an excuse to get away from their essays.

"Umbridge!" Angelina exclaimed as she slammed the notice down on the middle of the table, "This was just put on the notice board In the common room!"

Jessica glanced at the notice and didn't react. She had heard Umbridge would be passing this soon from the inquisitorial squad meeting earlier but hadn't expected it to come out so soon. It was the reason she had closed off the pitch, she was waiting to get this past the minister of magic. As she couldn't tell them about the inquisitorial squad without the risk of causing unnecessary conflict, she just stayed quiet about it. It's not like she was actively contributing, so they didn't need to know.

"All school teams disbanded until given permission?" George read out in outrage, "Does that mean our match tomorrow is cancelled?"

A mixture of gasps and groans came from those huddled around. Fred stared blankly at the table, his eyes glazing over as he reminisced, "Oh my god Oliver would be raging if he was still here, she's actually managed to cancel quidditch."

"It's not cancelled," Adrian Pucey bragged as he swanned past the Gryffindor table, a winning grin on his squared face, "she's automatically given Slytherin approval to go ahead so we can play. Shame for you guys though, having to watch us win from the stands. Doesn't seem so keen on you lot does she?"

"Shut up Adrian," said Angelina, "she has to let us play, Dumbledore will overrule her."

"Dumbledore isn't the one making up the rules anymore," Adrian mocked her, walking backwards, "he can't cheat you to the top now."

As Adrian walked away he winked at Jessica and told her to not be late to practice on Monday night, causing her to look away in shame and Fred's fists to clench.

"Bet Malfoy's dad paid her off, dad told me they work together at the Ministry," said Ron as he and his brothers stared at Adrian all the way back to the Slytherin table, where Crabbe and Goyle were all laughing and waving copies of Umbridge's notice back at them.

"I've just asked McGonnagal about it, she's pissed, she's tried to stand up for us but Umbridge isn't having it" continued Angelina, now even more raging from Adrian's announcement, "she refuses to let us play without a strong reason yet she gave Slytherin free reign!"

"For fuck sake Quidditch is literally the only reason we're still here," groaned George, slamming his hand on the table.

"What about your exams?" asked Hermione him sharply.

"Screw the exams!" said Fred, sweeping the notice forcefully off the table, "we could be growing the business if we weren't here, but we wanted to stay for the team. What are we meant to do now to blow off steam? Study in the library?"

Jessica looked across the table at Fred, as she could think of a few things, but he and George appeared in agreement. They genuinely looked put-out, they loved quidditch. She didn't want them to be upset, it was sort of like seeing two excitable puppies being kicked right in front of her. If only she could help them, but they wouldn't like what she would have to do if she did...