Snitches and Bludgers and Quaffles Oh My!

Start from the beginning

"Sure," she replied and took the spare bat from his hand. She struggled to lift it at first as it was much heavier than she was used to, though she assumed it had to be that way to hit the bludgers. Fred and George must have had extreme arm strength to wave one about for an hour. 

"Thanks J, just put it by the chalkboard," said George appreciatively, "and once you're done Hermione should be sitting in the stands somewhere, just keep walking around until you see her."

He and Lee lifted a large chest off the floor and walked away chatting, disappearing away into the entrance of the stadium. As she turned to step into the changing room, she missed George looking over his shoulder to smile at her.

Jessica entered, the gentle breeze from outside evaporating as the calming cloth of the tent ceiling blocked it out. There wasn't much inside, just a few benches around the perimeter and a couple of wardrobes where the team would keep their clothes. In the centre, there was a large chalkboard for the team to have their pre-match talks. Jessica walked past numerous robes scattered around the place and put the bat down on a little wooden side table, her feet having to battle against the uneven flooring. She took a moment to see what was written on the board and could tell Angelina wasn't kidding when she said she had made detailed game plans. There were white chalk lines everywhere around the hand-drawn pitch. 

It made her want to play.

"There's a punishment for intruders you know," said a deep voice behind her. In a panic, she flicked her head around and saw Fred standing there, shirtless, holding his Quidditch robe in his fist. Her eyes gazed over his broad shoulders and across his muscular chest, the chiselled stature continuing down to his hips until the rest of his body was unfortunately hidden by his trousers.

 "Oh, hey," he said, his smile falling as he saw that it was her. It had been the first time they had been face-to-face since she had overheard him in the corridor, and certainly the first time she had seen him without a shirt. She didn't know where to look. All she knew was that her eyes couldn't pull away. All of those wasted days at Grimmauld Place...if only she could've seen him like this then.

"Hi," she managed to say.

"You look different, have you done something?" He asked in an attempt to make conversation. He was studying her face and she tried to occupy her mind elsewhere, afraid that she would blush and give him the satisfaction.

"No, just a bit of lipstick," she said, looking at the robes to his left to avoid eye contact with him and his bare body. She had continued to wear Pansy's lipstick and was glad that the difference had already attracted attention."Sorry, I'll uh- I'll just leave."

"No, you don't have to," he said, dropping his fist so that he could use his arms to find the bottom of his Quidditch robes, "although I am going to ask why you're in here, are you waiting for someone or a pervert? Because if it's the second one, I'm cool with it but I don't think the others will be."

He was trying to joke with her as if nothing had happened, the same little stupid grin on his face as usual. Perhaps he wasn't aware of how it had affected her, having him turn on her the day she needed him most, and that made her angry.

"George and Lee asked me to put a bat in here, which I'm now guessing is...yours," she said. Looking down at the bat she had placed there she realised that George must have known Fred wasn't ready yet, and that he had sent her into the Lion's den on purpose. 

"So now I've done that I'm going to be on my way, Hermione's probably waiting for me."

"No stay, I want to talk," he insisted, quickly lifting his robes over his head to cover his body in one swift action. Either they were too small for him, or they were meant to fit that way for safety reasons because his arms were barely contained by the material. She was glad he was now clothed as she could no longer be distracted. He bent to pick up some protective gear, and she noticed she was only a few steps away from the exit.