Chapter ♦ 11

EURAZANIA. [ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE THE DEPARTURE OF THE PRINCESS OF ZELDERETH TO THE KINGDOM OF REVELDRON].

The shrouded realm of Eurazania were located right in the hub of the Empire of Zeldereth. Rather, the entrance to the realm was what was situated at the center of the Zeldereth nation. It was not a place that any human could venture into unwarranted, to be more precise, it was a place where no man could set foot at all. At least, not without the help of a Halcyon.

Eurazania was also known as the land of enchantment. It was a place set apart from the otherwise magicless world, as though a universe of its own, and that is where you will find Drakynia, the dwelling of the oldest creatures known to any mortal being, the all-powerful Dragons.

This was one of the reasons why Eurazania was a sealed land to the world of the magicless humans. Magicless, also known as Orphics, could not withstand the mystical aura sipping out of a dragon, much rather, out of any creature of Eurazania. Hence, the Queen of the Halcyons, the original residents of Eurazania, sealed the magical land from the entire Orphic world.

However, every now and then, Halcyons, similar to that of humans, were quite the curious creatures. They were curious about the unknown, the unseen, and so, they would sneak out of their realm to wander the world of the Orphics, and some of these Halcyons fell in love with certain Orphics, consequently starting a family with them.

The offspring born out of the mix of a Halcyon and an Orphic, is always a magic born. Though their powers might not be on par with a true Halcyon, they still were superior to a normal human being owing to their bloodline. And such were the bloodlines of the royal families of Regalious and the Avaliers. No matter how much diluted the bloodline of a pseudo-Halcyon grows, their genes will always be the dominant kind; hence, anyone who even had an ounce of Halcyonic ties in their blood, will show magical abilities at a noticeably young age.

Edmuris, the grand sorcerer of the Zeldereth nation was such a man. Actually, he was the illegitimate son of the Duke of Clonwell, the reigning Emperor's younger brother. Hence, the mastery of mind magic was at his disposal. And right now, he had used those same powers to ensnare and subdue a true Halcyon.

On a general note, it would be a near impossible feat to subdue a full-fledged Halcyon, given that he was just a pseudo-Halcyon. But the magic dust given to him by Viz had much to do with this subjugation of the full-fledged Halcyon. At the time, he did not think much of this unknown dust, he was just told that it would be enough to defeat and hypnotize a true Halcyon into divulging the entrance to the realm of Eurazania. All he had to do, was to find a true Halcyon amidst the magicless folks and trap him long enough to make him inhale the magic dust.

Though it was a relatively difficult task to pinpoint a Halcyon amid a world full of Orphics, Edmuris had finally managed to locate a Halcyon after his intense search all throughout the country of Zeldereth. He trapped the unassuming Halcyon when he had his guard down and as told, used the magic dust on him while enthralling the Halcyon and stating his desires to be taken to the entrance. Consequently, finding the hidden access to Eurazania.

~ ••••••••••• ~

Four Orphics, or in other words, four non-magic personals stood behind Edmuris with wide-eyed gazes, as he stood before the glowing doorway to the hidden realm, the captured spellbound Halcyon beside him with a lowered gaze.

These four individuals were the four crooks who were hired by Edmuris to steal the egg of a dragon. They were, Ophelia Vegan – the pimp of the red-light district, Cuffled – the bounty hunter, Rudy – the petty thief and Lorade – One of the foot soldiers of the Zeldereth militia.

"Whoa! W-What is that? It's so..... fascinating." Rudy, the thief stammered in a nervous demeanour as he gawked at the glowing realm-entrance that was emanating an aura powerful enough to pulverize any magicless who dared to venture further from here on out. It was like a gigantic ring of fire and light, illuminating everything in its wake. However, though it was a ring of light and fire, you could see your reflection in it; as if it were a mirror made out of a gilded light. But what they saw in their reflection was what set them off.

The mirror showed not their form, but a representation of what they truly had built themselves to become. Whatever they wished from the bottom of their hearts, the mirror of light showed each one of them their one true desire, but in a twisted kind of way. For the greedy who had entire libraries of justifications for their splendour and the terminal squalor of the poor, they were a sort of King Salazar from 'Wakko's Wish', only with much colder dead eyes and necrotic skin. However, the scariest of it all, was the allure that the magical mirror provided, as if beaconing the one in the reflection to step forward and come closer. It was the kind of pull that no magicless could resist. As if the entire world would be at their feet if only, they would come forth and enter the magic ring.

Even Edmuris could hardly resist it's tempt. Had he not been a sorcerer of mind magic, he too would have been utterly trapped by this mirror of light.

"Don't! Don't directly look into it. It's a snare. If you get even one step closer to the entrance, it will singe you into smithereens." He loudly yelled; his voice laced with anti-allure magic.

This readily woke up all the four of his cohorts, and they took a step back in a panic.

"Whoa there! What the hell!? Whatever that is, it's one damn scary thing." Lorade yelped in dread. Just now, he knew how he felt. It was as if he could conquer the world if he only step through that thing. Its allure was mind-bogglingly tempting. As though, even if he knew he would die, he couldn't stop himself from taking that one step. Yup! It was that scary.

"That it is." Edmuris consented to his words, "That is the entrance to the dwelling land of the dragons. It is no laughing matter that if it were invaded by evil doers, the existence of that other world beyond this magic entrance would be revealed to the magicless world. Hence, the powerful spells and magic to ward off any such threats."

"Evil doers like us, you mean?" Cuffled grinned wickedly, its not like he minded being called an evil doer. Not unless he gets paid for the job.

Edmuris passed him a faint smile and said, "Well, you could phrase it that way, if you want to."

"Well I don't care either way as long as I get paid." Rudy chuckled.

"True, we shall accompany and support you all the way as long as we are being compensated for our job. Who cares what others call us or think of us." Ophelia spoke in concord.

"If that is the case, then come forth, all of you." Edmuris mouthed with a pleasant smile, "I shall cast an anti-magic barrier upon you guys so that you can pass through the magical entrance without being smouldered to mere ashes."

TO BE CONTINUED..........