Chapter ♦ 15

EURAZANIA_Drakynia.

"Please shut up, you two." Edmuris's irritation knew no bounds at this moment. He admitted that he too was tempted by the sheer amount of magic crystals mounting in front of his eyes. But he couldn't be blinded enough to stray from his original purpose. "We don't have much time. I suggest we hurry before its too late and we too become the dragon's meal like that dead Halcyon." He warned the others.

The two looked as reluctant as one could get, this was a wealth unimaginable they were talking about. How could they just leave without getting a piece of it.

"But Lord Edmuris, this is..."

"Enough! If you're so unwilling to leave these magic crystals behind, then just come back for it the next time. We don't have enough time nor energy to spare these crystals at the moment." Edmuris really didn't have enough time to deal with anything other than the dragon egg at the moment. So even if he had to bear the dissatisfaction of the others of his team, he could only promise them to come back for the crystals next time, after all, he knew how very greedy his teammates were.

".... Lord Edmuris is right. We can always come back for the magic crystals next time. It is imperative to steal the dragon's egg at this moment." Ophelia finally consented to Edmuris's decision, and Rudy reluctantly enough followed.

They soon followed the trails of glowing magic crystals and walked ahead to come face to face with a scene even more magnificent. The dragon's nest was made up of a big block of radiant magic crystal, shimmering in the dark like the stars above, a crevasse-like structure, looking like a big bowl carved out of the magic crystal, enough to accommodate a huge, hefty dragon. It didn't look very cozy, but it was really beautiful to the eyes. And amidst this nest made out of magic crystal laid a marble-shaped blue egg, the size of an ostrich's egg, but only a lot prettier. It had faint olive-coloured strokes outstretching all over it, haphazardly so, giving it a faint mystical presence. And it was glowing the brightest amid all the magic crystals.

".....Is that.... Really what we have been looking for?" Ophelia exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with a nasty shine.

"Yes. This is it, the azure dragon's egg." Edmuris acquiesced as he walked forth to pick up his hard-earned prize.

When they got a closer look at the dragon's egg, they discovered they could actually feel a young heartbeat from it, as though it was telling them that it was very much alive. They were both astounded and amazed by the overwhelming feeling the egg was giving them.

Little did they realize that the dragon's egg was emanating an aura of far greater than any of the magic crystals that they had come across thus far. Only Edmuris of the group realized this fact. He could tell that this egg had been growing by deriving the magicules out of the magic crystals in the cave. Once they had taken it out of this cave, the egg.... Rather, the little life inside the egg would not live for long and would soon succumb to death. But that was none of his concerns.

"What do we do now? How do we get out of here?" Rudy asked the million-dollar question.

They had planned how to sneak into the dragon's lair, but they had not planned how to get out. Hence now, all he could do was look at Edmuris and hope that he had a plausible plan of action to get them all out of here.

"Well now, we all get ejected from the realm of Eurazania." Edmuris softly smiled as he abruptly grabbed Ophelia's arm and suddenly crushed an eyeball sized golden orb in his hands.

In the blink of an eye, he and Ophelia vanished into thin air, leaving the other three perpetrators behind to their own miserable devices.

".....What... WHAT!! Lord Edmuris! Where did you go!? LORD EDMURIS!!!" Rudy the thief, for a second, could not begin to fathom what really was going on. Not until it was too late.