Chapter 15: Season 1, Chapter 7

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

Sona groggily rose with the dawn, her body and mind protesting against waking from the comfort of being in bed with her lover. Nevertheless, going back to sleep was not meant to be as her mind quickly began to catalog everything that the new school week would bring.

"Today is going to be a good day. No fights, no drama. Just a nice party where I can introduce my fiance to my peerage." Sona thought with a smile as she roused her fiance, Ambrose. "It's time to get up."

"Hmm?" He sleepily replied, "What time is it?"

"Early enough for you to leave with out raising Tsubaki's suspicions." Sona said, reminding him that they had to keep up appearances.

"We should just move in together already." Ambrose sleepily replied as he nuzzled into her and began to trail feather light kisses on her neck.

"We can't." Sona said regretfully, referring to both his desire to live together and his morning desire for her. "Officially we've only been a couple for a few days."

Ambrose groaned in disappointment, yet still rose from bed.

"Zut alors, it's early." he exclaimed after checking the time.

"I have to be at school before the other students, and Tsubaki comes early each morning so we can have breakfast before we leave." Sona reminded him, "I suspect she'll be even earlier today in order to brief me on what's been going on in the Underworld since we turned over Diodora Astaroth to the Maōs."

"Give me an update later on that situation?" Ambrose asked as he began to dress.

"Why not come back after Tsubaki arrives so we can all have breakfast together?" Sona suggested as a pleasant compromise. "That way you can be here when she reports to me."

"Sounds like a plan. I'll bring breakfast." Her fiance replied before giving her a kiss and then teleporting back to his home.

"I suppose it'll be alright if Am-chan brings breakfast today so Tsubaki won't have to cook an extra portion." Sona thought, "That way she can arrive earlier for her debriefing."

After texting her [Queen] to let her know of the changes to their breakfast routine, Sona went about her morning rituals. Between her responsibilities with her peerage, school, and her work with Ambrose she realized that lately she had very little time to enjoy herself with one of her favorite hobbies, baking.

"Today's the day Ambrose will officially meet my entire peerage after school. It must be absolutely perfect." Sona thought, realizing that they can now be more public with their relationship, "I think I'll make a few cupcakes for our little gathering."

Filled with a sense of purpose Sona began her preparations on what would surely be at tasty treat for her fiance and her peerage. "They've worked so hard these past few weeks, it'll be nice to give them a bit of a reward."