Chapter 10: Season 1, Chapter 2

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

The Sitri Clan symbol lit up from the foyer of Ambrose's home as Sona directly transported herself there for the very first time since being keyed to the wards. She stumbled a bit when she arrived, feeling a bit disoriented as she fully materialized. Sona was so focused on finding Ambrose that she didn't give the dizzying feeling any mind.

"Am-chan", Sona called out and then shouted up the staircase. "Am-chan!"

Despite living together for a year in the future, Sona didn't feel comfortable enough in Ambrose's 'present' home to wander around in search of him. She never finished her tour of this five story French home and had only seen the ground floor and the fifth floor where Ambrose's bedroom was.

"Here I am." Ambrose replied, coming around the corner on the top of the stairs of the 2nd story.

Sona rushed into his arms as he met her at the foyer, this was the first time in nearly a week that they had been alone together. There were always people watching; classmates, her peerage, Rias and the Gremory peerage. In order to maintain their ruse, the couple hadn't publicly acknowledged each other since Ambrose's enrollment and Sona had missed her fiance terribly. She held him close for a moment before checking Ambrose's body for injuries.

"I'm fine." Ambrose reassured her, "She didn't get a chance to hurt me.'

"What happened?" Sona questioned.

"On the date? Nothing at first, that was the problem." Ambrose said with a shrug.

"What do you mean nothing? You admitted that you were attacked, you also accused Rias of plotting to turn you into a devil against your will. Why don't you start from the beginning?" Sona asked, wanting to know as many details as possible while trying not to appear too demanding.

"As far as the date went, nothing happened at first; which was pretty weird." Ambrose said, "We met at the train station, went shopping, ate a parfait in a café."

"What's weird about that?" Sona asked while jealously thinking, "Sounds like things I wish we could do together."

"Well, she's a Fallen Angel, and you'd think that with a last name like 'Dragon-Slayer' she would have figured out that I'm not 'normal'. But she kept up her innocent girl act through out the entire day. She never brought up the topic of supernaturals, nor did she ask me about my past. In fact, she never asked me any personal questions at all, she didn't seem interested in actually getting to know me." Ambrose explained, "If she were a normal girl, that is a Fallen Angel who was genuinely interested in me, she might try to gauge if I was some sort of supernatural so we could establish common ground. The longer the date went on with out her mentioning supernaturals the more likely it was that she was planning to assassinate me."

"So you saw the attack coming?" Sona asked in relief.

"Oh, a mile away. As the date ended she brought me to a secluded area and sprouted her wings. She began to brag about how she tricked me, how I was going to die; it was very cliché." Ambrose rolled his eyes and went on. "Ironically, she told me she was going to kill me because God placed a [Sacred Gear] inside of me; that was actually kind of funny. I asked her not to go through with it, in an attempt to further our goals towards peace between the factions, but she arrogantly thought I was pleading for my life instead of hers. When she attacked me I swatted her light spear back at her with the [Master Key] and she died instantly. 'Poof', like an explosion of feathers when a pillow bursts open. She didn't even have time to comprehend her own death."