Chapter 4: Prequel Chapter 3

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

Being engulfed by light was a terrifying experience for any devil to endure since light is a devil's inherent natural weakness. It was only the feeling of Ambrose's hand that helped keep Sona's fear in check as she was being magically transported… somewhere. Sona had been magically transported many times before, but this was an entirely new sensation.

She was more used to the cool and comforting blue glow of the Sitri clan family magic which normally transported her, and those associated with her clan, to wherever it was they needed to go. The act of transporting with the Sitri family magic would gently phase the world around her and she would instantly move from one place to another. This felt like a roaring rapid which surged loudly around her; the world seemed to have been violently torn away and she was left in the vacuum of its explosive passing. She was blind to everything around her, the sound was deafening and it culminated to a final point where it suddenly ended and Sona felt herself unceremoniously dumped on her rear end.

She kept her eyes tightly closed as she instinctively rubbed her sore bottom until that damned bright light finally shut off and she could once again think and see clearly. Sona looked up, blinking away the bright spots as her vision slowly returned to her, only to see Ambrose standing in front of her. His hand was outstretched in an offer to help her up, and behind him was that infernal magical transport. She was annoyed to see that he was remarkably unaffected by their frightening trip.

"Takes a bit to get used to." Ambrose remarked, still holding his hand out to help her up, "How do you feel?"

"A bit sick, to be honest" She replied, still annoyed that he seemed to be unaffected by the journey. "This better not have been a prank." She warned as she reached out and accepted his helping hand.

"I never joke about my work." Ambrose replied as he gazed out over her shoulder, "Look, there."

She turned around and first thing Sona noticed about her surroundings was that the sun was high in the sky. It was particularly jarring considering it was late in the evening just a moment ago. "Just where have you taken me?" She wondered aloud, curious as to how far they traveled.

Her eyes then widened at where she now found herself. Sona realized that they both stood on the flat roof of a large building. She then noticed the building they stood on was on the outskirts of a small country town that sprawled out before her. The town, itself, was small, sparsely populated, and gave off the impression that it was struggling, or perhaps it never fully took off. It was nestled on the side of a mountain and was built around a large man made pond, or possibly a small lake. The buildings were quite rustic, old, and at various stages of disrepair as if they had been made and patched up over many years. There were no cars, or vehicles of any kind as far as she could tell. The streets were made of dirt and gravel; she also noticed they were lined with electric street lamps that appeared to be fashioned from materials from a junk yard. The entire town was very rural, and clearly focused on agriculture judging by the large farms which lay further away from the mountain and lake center of the town.