Chapter 14: Season 1, Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

It was a risky move, technically Ambrose was the one who was invited but his invitation included a guest. Devils have only recently begun to cultivate diplomatic relations with other supernaturals, most notably magicians due to their desire to form mutually beneficial pacts. It was only after the devil civil war that Sona's race had begun to extend an offer of diplomacy to other supernatural races. Due to the devil's past of being duplicitous, it was a hard and difficult process. Many supernaturals had long lives and even longer memories; the devil race's past transgressions were not so easily forgotten or forgiven.

"I'll just have to rely on Am-chan's good relations with the Yōkai, since devils aren't very popular." Sona thought to herself.

Sona's sister, Serafall Leviathan, had the difficult responsibility of handling all foreign affairs but few supernatural powers wanted anything to do with devils. The devil race didn't have many enemies, aside from the Angels and Fallen Angels, but the state of foreign relations with other supernaturals were so poor that Serafall didn't have too much to do. It allowed Serafall to filled her time by creating her children's show 'Miracle Levia-tan'. In spite of the difficulties in improving the diplomatic relations of the devil race, Sona had paid attention to the lessons in diplomacy that her sister had taught her.

"I should probably go over my lessons in diplomacy with Am-chan." Sona thought as she checked the time again.

6:30 am.

"To hell with it." She thought and teleported over to her fiance's home.

It was quiet when she arrived, but she knew her lover hated boredom as much as she did. Following her hunch, she went to his lab where she found her fiance pouring water from an antique kettle into a cauldron.

"Good morning." Sona greeted Ambrose with a smile.

"Good morning, my love." Ambrose smiled back as he set the antique kettle down.

"I saw that kettle on your relic display." Sona said after recognizing the antique, "Why are you using it to create potions?"

"Oh, this?" Ambrose asked, gesturing to the ancient Chinese kettle. "It's the Kettle of Plenty, the only one in existence. Do you recall my trip to the Bayankala mountains?"

Sona nodded.

"The reason I went there was to authenticate this as the actual Kettle of Plenty." Ambrose said, holding the antique up for Sona's inspection, "The kettle produces jusendo water; water that is magically charged and is very useful in creating potions by increasing the potency of potions and elixirs. In fact, magically charged water is almost a requirement for certain potions, like the Phoenix Tear Elixir that heals all wounds."

"Is that why you got into a fight with Saffron Phenix?" Sona asked.

"Yes. The Phenix Clan is the only known producer of the Phoenix Tear Elixir, but the elixir isn't made solely from their tears, it's only the active ingredient. Jusendo water is used as a base so that the pure phoenix tears aren't diluted when added, it increases the volume of the tears with out reducing the potency. The Bayankala Mountain was the only natural source of pure jusendo water, and Saffron was living there to secure it solely for his Clan's use. He wasn't too happy when he found out that I had an alternate and portable way to create jusendo water, so he attacked me to ensure that his clan remained the only provider of the magical water."