nine: tweedledumb and tweedledumber

Start from the beginning

Game on, bitch.

"It's not like you're important enough for me to remember."

She frowned at that and I had to contain my laughter.

"Unnie, is that true?" Lisa turned to look at me bewildered. "Did she call you last night?"

"Don't worry, Lis" I scoffed. "She's not staying much longer."

"It's not like we want to, anyway" I heard that masculine voice behind me that immediately made me grit my teeth and clench my jaw.

"Suho" I said, turning around to meet his serious gaze.

There's no doubt that I'd contracted baby loser's bad luck like a disease, because what the fuckity fuck.

"I couldn't expect less from you, Jisoo" he laughed mockingly, as he took in my appearance. "Look at yourself. Don't you think you should spare these kids the humiliation of looking at you like this? Have some shame."

"Nobody asked you, asshole" I snarled in his face, growing angrier by the second. "You're not welcomed here, Suho."

"It's not like we came here to have a chit-chat with you" Irene intervened, standing next to him. "Although..." she trailed off.

"Although, what?" I was growing impatient.

"You haven't told her yet?" Suho asked his girlfriend, looking directly into her eyes.

"I almost forgot!" she exclaimed dramatically. "We should get this over with."

That mischievous smile and the look in her face made my skin crawl and my blood boil. My hands were itching to slap her and kick her out of the house.

"Will you just say whatever the fuck it is you came here to say!?" I yelled, my voice coming out as a strained growl. "Out with it already!"

"Your brother and I are getting married" she announced, holding out her hand where I could see the big and sparkling diamond ring staring right at me.

I heard Lisa gasping next to me, and her whole body becoming tense at the revelation.

"What?!" we both exclaimed in unison.

"You heard that correctly" Irene's wicked grin widened. "I will soon be Mrs. Kim; legally your sister-in-law."

I scoffed.

"I can't believe you let a bitch tame you, Suho" I smirked, looking up at him.

Suho had always prided himself on being "different" and not subjecting himself to all the banalities us common folk indulged, as he would put it, so I knew this whole marriage thing was probably not even his own idea and I had touched a sensitive point here. The way he frowned at me, how the veins in his neck protruded, and how he walked out of the kitchen without another word told me I was right.

Checkmate, idiot.

"What's with all this noise?" Haruto, who had just woken up and was still in his boxers, asked while coming into the kitchen.

"Irene and Suho are visiting to announce their engagement." I simply replied.

"Their what?!" his eyes widened in surprise as he looked frantically between the three of us.

"Whatever, it's not like I came here to invite you kids, if that's what you thought" Irene said, rolling her eyes. "We just stopped by to tell you, since you're on the way to my stepdad's house."

This time I was the one whose eyes almost bulged right out of their sockets. Another one of the reasons the vice-principal hates me so much is because I'm a reminder of the guy who took his precious daughter away.