5-Meeting the twins' family

Comenzar desde el principio

She dragged him to her 'doctor's room,' we tried to follow but she shooed us away with a warning glare. Though something good came out of that, it made our Kitten giggle, the best sound ever! His laugh is exactly what Andrew and I needed after witnessing what had happened to him not even 10 minutes ago.

While mom is in her doctor's room with him, Andrew and I are sitting in the living room, both of us anxious and thinking. I can just tell that my brother is thinking about the same things I am, there is no way he couldn't be.

'What happened?' is the main question running through my head. He obviously had a panic attack but were we the ones to cause it? I think we did but we didnt mean to, of course, we didnt mean to. We would never do anything to hurt him, our wolf wouldn't let us even if we wanted to, which we obviously don't.

We were just excited that we found our mate and we thought we would introduce him to them now, our mom said she wanted to meet him immediately after he woke up. We went to pull him into the kitchen and I think pulling his arms caused him to panic.

He stiffened immediately, his breath picking up and his eyes looked so lost. It scared the shit out of both of us and to make it worse, he goes limp under in our arms and collapses. Thankfully Andrew was able to catch his head before he could bash it into the floor but I've never seen someone react like that. I've seen people having flashbacks and panic attacks but this was so much more different. I don't know if it's because he's our mate or it's a different reaction in general but I hated it. We both hated it.

All we could do was sit by him and touch him when he calmed down. When he was panicking we couldn't even touch him because of his thrashing around so immediately after he stopped, we grabbed him, hoping he was alright. We had to watch while he gasped for air, and screamed from whatever flashbacks were going through his head. Goddess, it was horrible.

We both want to be with our mate but of course, we let our mom take him and talk to him. Our hearts ache and the only thing we wanna do is hold him close and show him so much love but we push our selfishness aside so we know he's okay. He needs to be okay.

After a while longer, we are still sitting on the couch and talking to our dads when we got tired of waiting. Being the clingy fuckers we are, we walk to the door and open it up, whining. Though our eyes almost immediately find their way to his back, seeing so many scars scattering his back, "Mommm, are you done wi-" Andrew cuts his sentence short which causes our Mate to look over at us confused. Then he came to the realization of what we were looking at. He takes in a sharp inhale, turning around and staring at us with wide eyes and our eyes stay on his torso. He has a huge bruise on his chest plus cut scars and burn marks litter his skin, bringing tears to my eyes immediately. I even spot some cuts on his lower wrist that go from side to side and a couple of long scars on each arm going up and down.

He hurriedly grabs Andrew's hoodie, slips it over his head, and darts to the doorway we stand in. My heart tears, feeling like someone was scratching at it. I'm going to kill the people that's one that to him.

Matthews POV

"Listen, I know we don't know each other at all but we need you to stay here. We hope you'll stay here. For our sons. You are their mate and have grown so attached to you in the little amount of time they've known you. Those twins deserve the best, the truth, is they deserve a Mate. They have helped you, they want to help you, to protect you, to keep you safe and warm. All we ask of you is to give them a chance but to not lead them on. Please," the guy in the sweatpants says, his voice going soft.

The first guy is the one in the sweat pants has bright blue eyes, not as bright as Ashton's but close enough. A shaved but stubbly face and short chocolatey brown hair. The second one wearing the blue jeans has some grown-out facial hair and chocolatey brown hair that is only a little bit longer than the others. He also has cocoa-colored eyes, that now look a hazel color with the sunray hitting them.