8. someone new

═════ ♪ ✧⁎ ☆ ⁎✧ ♪ ══════

═ ⁎✧ reader pov ✧⁎ ═

He's so annoying. One second he's kind, and sweet, and you would even say you like his company, and the next, he's cold again and being a total dick. It's like talking to someone new each time he decides to switch up every ten minutes.

He fell asleep almost immediately last night, leaving you to toss and turn until you finally met your slumber; only to be awoken at the first glance of sunlight. Laying still for the past hour and a half afraid to wake Spencer.

God knows he needs the sleep, the sullen bags under his eyes are a dead giveaway. They've gotten less prominent during your stay together, you've noticed him get up during the night a few times, presumably to go read, for lack of a better thing to occupy him while his mind refuses sleep.

You check the small clock on the table next to you, 10:38. Spencer almost never sleeps this late, though you were up a bit belatedly from your late-night bickering.

Just as you were getting ready to grab your phone, deciding to exit the monotony of your thoughts, he stirred beside you. No longer facing you, now on his back with the covers tangled at his waist. He squeezed his eyes shut and stretched his arms above him, groaning softly and lifting the black t-shirt he wore.

"Morning bug."

morning voice.

"What's with the new nickname?"

"Because you bug me," He hopped up out of bed, stretching a bit more, then putting on a black hoodie, "Why else?" You follow him out of the bedroom, making it to the top of the staircase before realizing your outfit; a dark red camisole, and gray shorts, not very appropriate.

You run back into the room, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and putting them on, resuming your chase after spencer.

"We still don't have coffee," He grabbed the red rimmed coffee pot and tipped it upside down, exaggerating his point. "I was gonna go to the store if you want me to get some," You weren't, but at this point you'll do anything to earn his validation.

For a 'strong independent woman', the amount of male validation you crave is astonishing.

"Yeah sure. Oh and Y/n, you aren't still mad at me, are you?" He poured himself a glass of apple juice, and leaned over the island.

"No, why would I be?"

"Hmm. I should've tried harder," He smirked, taking a sip to hide it from you. This all seems like a game to him, seeing how far he can push your buttons before you snap. But why? It's as if everything you talked about last night meant nothing, shouldn't that be enough? Why do you have to hate him back? "Oh, also, while you're out, can you grab some grapefruits too?"

"Ew you like grapefruit? They taste like rubbing alcohol," You take out your phone, adding to the grocery list you had started in your notes app.

"No, I don't like the taste, but that's not an issue."

Tf?

"Okay weirdo."

(AN I'm not gonna lie i have no fucking idea why I put that grapefruit thing in I thought it was funny at the time but now im just cringing)

Now... what to wear...

═ ⁎✧ spencer's pov ✧⁎ ═

The door just unlocked. "I'm ho- back." Finally.
I shut my copy of 'The Illustrated Man' and stood to help with the groceries. Y/n closed the door with her foot, juggling paper bags; I took two from her, setting them on the counter. "How was the store, April?" I peered in one of the bags, grabbing some garlic and garam masala.